Tekkie Town is a division of the Pepkor Group that specializes in casual and sportswear. Nike, Puma, Under Armour, Adidas, Converse, and more well-known brands are available for purchase at the store.
Tekkie Town sells clothing, footwear, and accessories such as caps, backpacks, socks, and shoe care products. Under any name, Tekkie Town has products for men, women, youth, and children of all ages.
You can use your Tekkie Town Account to shop on credit for all of the store’s brands. The Tekkie Town Account is a revolving loan account that allows account holders to buy clothes today and pay for them later.
The Tekkie Town Account connects account holders to other stores where their accounts can be used. Tekkie Town Account is accepted at Ackermans, Dunns, Refinery, and ShoeCity.
To comprehend the Tekkie Town Account, we must first define what it is, and then examine how it operates. These subjects are discussed in depth lower down.
Tekkie Town Account Summary
The Tekkie Town Account is a store account that may be used at any Tekkie Town store in South Africa, as well as Tekkie Town partner stores. Ackermans, Refinery, ShoeCity, and Dunns, all Pepkor companies, are among the stores that accept the Tekkie Town Account.
The account holder’s Tekkie Town account can be shared with his or her family or friends. The account holder has the ability to take up to 5 additional cards, allowing him or her to share the account. The additional cards are accepted at Tekkie Town and Tekkie Town partner stores.
Tekkie Town account has a hardship benefit that will help account holders if they fail to make repayments of the amount owed due to temporary disability, retrenchment, or death. Hardship benefit is an insurance product that covers the credit amount on the Tekkie Town Account and makes payment to the account after a successful claim.
How the Tekkie Town Account Works
Customers with a Tekkie Town account can shop at any Tekkie Town store in South Africa, as well as some Pepkor locations. To get a Tekkie Town account, you must first apply for one. The account does not have a minimum salary requirement, but it does require that you earn an income, so students who are employed or who receive money in the form of allowance can apply for the account.
After a successful application, credit will be assigned to the account. The amount of credit granted is determined by the risk profile of the applicant. The credit can be spent at any Tekkie Town retailer across the country, including Ackermans, Refinery, ShoeCity, and Dunns.
After making purchases, the account must be maintained, which means that the credit must be repaid. The amount of credit used can be repaid according to the account holder’s budget.
Account-holders can pick between a six-month or a twelve-month budget. A six-month budget has no interest but requires a greater amount as part of instalments, whereas a twelve-month budget has low instalments but does have an interest.
The account can be paid in a variety of ways, including EFT, debit order, in-store payment, and payment at a flash trader. The ability to repay the debt on a timely basis can help increase the total credit allocated to the Tekkie Town Account.
Account-holders that do not pay their bills on time may have their credit limits cut to a level that Tekkie Town considers reasonable. If a customer fails to make timely payments, they should work out a payment plan with Tekkie Town to prevent having their account turned over to debt collectors.
Advantages of the Tekkie Town Account
- The account includes up to 5 additional cards that can be shared with friends and family..
- The account can be used not only at Tekkie Town stores, but also at Ackermans, Dunns, Refinery, and ShoeCity, which are also Tekkie Town partners.
- there are a variety of fashion labels to pick from for men, women, teens, and children,
- When payments are made on time, the credit limit might be extended.
- Payments to the account can be made in a variety of ways.
- A hardship benefit is included in the account, which pays out if the account holder is faced with an insured incident.
- Failure to make timely payments will not result in the account being cancelled, although payment arrangements must be made.
Disadvantages of the Tekkie Town Account
- Since the Tekkie Town Account cannot be used to shop online, it can only be used at the store.
- The account can only be used to shop for fashion apparel, another store account will have to be applied for in order to purchase other things outside fashion apparel.
Tekkie Town Account Requirements
- Must have a valid South African ID book or Smart card.
- Be over the age of 18 years at the time of application.
- Have your latest 3 months bank statements showing salary deposits or your latest 3 months payslips.
- Have proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
Individuals having a Tekkie Town account can shop at several of Pepkor’s stores and receive seasonal discounts on a variety of products. The hardship benefit of the account intends to safeguard the account holder in the event that they become chronically incapacitated, lose their income, and so on.
The Tekkie Town Account’s major flaw is that it can’t be used to shop online. Individuals have recently embraced the usage of online retailers, particularly since the commencement of Covid-19, and adding the ability to purchase online with the Tekkie Town Account will be a major gain for Tekkie Town.