Refinery is one of South Africa’s most well-known clothing stores, and having a Refinery store account can open new doors for fashion enthusiasts. Shopping with a Refinery account is simple and convenient.
A Refinery account allows you to do a lot of shopping. Formalwear for men and women, casual wear for children, and accessories are available to shop at Refinery stores. The account can also be used at Refinery partner stores which include a number of fashion retailers.
Since the account allows you to buy on credit from a limited number of stores, it is also simple to open. The account does not have a minimum monthly income requirement, which is beneficial to students and low-income earners.
Refinery Account Summary
The account can be used to shop online at Refinery stores. The account can be used to check out at Refinery partner stores and purchase fashion items that are offered at these stores.
A Refinery account can be shared with family members or friends of the account holder. The primary account holder is entitled to up to five free supplementary cards to share with family and friends.
The Refinery account includes a hardship benefit available to all account holders. The hardship benefit serves to protect the policyholder’s account by paying it if the policyholder dies, is laid off, or becomes temporarily ill.
How the Refinery Account work
Before one can access the account, he or she must first apply for a Refinery account. The account can be applied for in-store or online on the Refinery website. The account does not come with any welcome vouchers, but after scoring the account, one can expect promotional vouchers.
Successful applicants are given a Refinery Store Account and credit is added to it. The amount of credit allocated will be determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to income and current credit taken.
The account can be used at any Refinery store in South Africa, as well as at the checkout of a Refinery online store. Dunns, Ackermans, Tekkie Town, and ShoeCity are among the partner stores where a Refinery account can be used.
The account credit limit can be used in total, and if the purchase exceeds the account limit, more credit can be applied for at the till. This limit is only temporary and does not necessitate any paperwork.
More credit can be applied for permanently online or in person at a Refinery store. If your income changes and you are a good debtor, you may be granted additional credit. As a result, you must keep your account in good standing and make all required payments on time.
When using the Refinery Account, you must select the repayment period. You can choose between a 6-month interest-free budget and a 12-month interest-bearing budget.
The Budget selected will determine how much the account holder must repay each month. If a 12-month budget is chosen, credit plus interest will be divided by 12 months; if a 6-month budget is chosen, the credit amount will be divided by 6 without any interest.
Advantages of the Refinery Account
- The account can be used at a variety of South African retailers. As a result, outside of Refinery, one can shop at a variety of stores.
- Account-holders are not limited to purchasing fashion, but they can also purchase other items such as cell phones.
- Payments to the account are simple because they can be made in a variety of ways.
- Account-holders are kept up to date on the latest store offerings.
- An account holder determines how long they want to repay their balance by selecting either a 6-month or 12-month budget.
- A credit limit increase can be requested by dialing an issued USSD code.
- Since there is no minimum income requirement, even students can apply for the account.
- The account can be used to make online purchases.
- The account is a revolving store credit, therefore, credit that is repaid can be reused without having to make a reapplication of credit.
Disadvantages of the Refinery Account
- The account cannot be used to purchase items such as furniture or electric appliances on credit; instead, one must apply for a different store card if the account holder wants to buy these items on credit.
- There are no welcome vouchers available for new account holders.
Requirements of the Refinery Account
- Must be over the age of 18 at the time of application.
- Have a valid South African ID book or Smart card.
- Provide proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
The Refinery Store Account is one of the best store accounts to have because it allows users to shop at any Refinery store as well as its partner stores. Anyone with enough income to cover the debt that will be assigned to them can apply for the account. As a result, because there is no minimum income requirement for the account, it is best to use credit that you can afford.
Another benefit available to account holders is the balance protector insurance. This is there to assist account holders if something were to happen to them; if an insured incident occurs, their balance will be settled.