Ackermans Account is a store credit card that can be used at 4 South African fashion retail brands. Ackermans, Shoe City, Refinery, and Dunns are among the retail partners who accept the Ackermans account.
The Ackermans account has a R9.95 monthly service fee. This service fee is added to the coverage for temporary disability, death, and retrenchment. If the insured events occur, Ackermans will settle your account and your estate will be protected from Ackermans credit.
The account comes with more benefits at an extra cost. An Ackermans account holder can pay an extra R14.50 per month to join the Ackermans club. The Ackermans club comes with the following benefits:
- Every other month, subscribers receive a monthly club magazine.
- Every other month, members can participate in giveaways and bursaries worth up to R50,000.00.
- The funeral cover for club members is R10,000.00. The R10,000.00 is divided into two parts: up to R6,000.00 for the club member and up to R4,000.00 for the club member’s partner.
- Members receive a 20% discount on GP consultations at network hospitals across the country.
- Access to the Dial-a-Teacher service to assist members’ children with their after-school work such as exam preparation, projects, studying, and more.
Account holders can also purchase a family protection plan. The family protector plan is a funeral plan that covers the primary member, his or her partner, and their children. This is optional and can be added at any time by any member.
How does the Ackermans Account Work
Like any other store account, the Ackermans account allows account holders to make purchases at any Ackermans location. The account can also be used to make purchases at any Ackermans partner store, that include Shoe City, Refinery, or Dunns.
To obtain an Ackermans account, you must first apply for one. If the applicant’s application is successful, Ackermans will notify them of the details of their application, including the amount of credit allocated.
The credit amount is redeemable at stores that accept the Ackermans account. The account credit must be repaid within 12 months. To avoid paying high interest on the account, repay the credit before the 12-month period expires to benefit from low interest.
Failure to repay the outstanding amount payable for any month will result in an account being in arrears. This has a negative impact on one’s credit score, and it is best to notify Ackermans as soon as possible that payment will not be made as scheduled to avoid a negative impact on one’s credit profile.
If you do not communicate, the account will be turned over to debt collectors. Debt collection will raise the total amount owed because administration fees will be charged. Always keep your account up to date and make any necessary payments.
2 Ways To Apply for the Ackermans Account
Ackermans Account Online Application
- Must have a South African cellphone number.
- Have a valid South African ID.
- Provide your latest proof of income.
If you meet the requirements listed above, you can apply for an Ackermans account online through the Ackermans website. Alternatively, you can apply for an Ackermans account using the following method:
Ackermans Account Application via SMS
- SMS your First Name, Surname, South African ID number, and gross income to 34413. (SMS is free of charge).
After sending an SMS to Ackermans credit department, the retailer will contact you about your request and let you know whether or not you qualify for an account. Another way to apply for the Account is in person by visiting your nearest Ackermans store.
How to manage an Ackermans Account
People nowadays prefer to manage their accounts remotely, thanks to the internet and cell phones. There are two methods for remotely maintaining your account. Remote account management options include:
Using a USSD
The first method is to use a USSD code to manage your account. One can use their cell phone to access their account for free by entering an applicable USSD code. The USSD code allows you to view your outstanding balance by viewing a mini statement, checking how much money you owe, applying for more credit, and changing how you receive your statements.
An account holder can use WhatsApp to manage Ackerman’s account. Account-holders can use Whatsapp to view their account balance, adjust their account limit, upload documents, and check the status of their applications. Account-holders can also use Whatsapp to chat with an agent or request a callback.
Advantages of the Ackermans Account
- Pensioners and those on government grants earning at least R1,250.00 per month are also eligible for the account.
- Those who do not receive payslips and are not formally employed but have proof of income, such as a bank statement, can open an Ackermans account.
- There are several ways to gain remote access to your account.
- At any time, one can apply for additional credit.
- Account-holders can join the Ackermans club for a low cost and gain access to a plethora of benefits.
Disadvantages of the Ackermans Account
- When compared to other clothing retailers such as Truworths, there are fewer stores to choose from.
- The account only includes clothing partners, with no other partners offering non-related goods or services.
Ackermans Account Application Requirements
- Applicants must at least be 18 years or older at the time of application.
- Must have a South African ID book or Smart card.
- Proof of income that is not older than 3 months at the time of application, and proof of income is set as follows for these types of employees:
- Permanent Employees must have 3 months payslips or latest 3 months bank statements,
- Contract employees must have 3 months payslips or 3 months bank statements,
- Self-employed individuals must possess 3 months bank statements,
- Domestic workers must have 3 months payslips, or 3 months bank statement, or an employment confirmation form, and
- Pensioners must present a 3 months bank statement or other forms of proof.
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
If you’re looking for a low-cost clothing store account, the Ackermans account is a good option. If you do not use the store account, you can use it whenever you want without incurring any additional costs because the store does not charge interest on unused credit.
Where Can I pay for my Ackermans Account?
There are 5 ways to pay for the Ackermans account, which are as follows:
- Paying in person at an Ackermans location.
- Making a payment through Flesh merchant.
- Through the use of a debit order transaction.
- On the Ackermans website, through Ozow.
- By depositing funds into Tenacity Financial Services’ Standard Bank account
Use your card number as refence when making payment to your Ackermans account.
Where Can I Use My Ackermans Account?
You can use your Ackermans account at the following retailers:
- Refinery stores,
- Ackermans stores,
- Dunns stores and
- Shoe City.
FAQ for Ackermans Account
- What is an Ackermans Account?
An Ackermans Account is a personal account that allows customers to purchase items from Ackermans stores on credit. It offers a variety of benefits, including flexible payment options, exclusive promotions, and access to the Ackermans Rewards program.
- How do I open an Ackermans Account?
To open an Ackermans Account, you can either visit your nearest Ackermans store and request an application form or apply online through the Ackermans website. You’ll need to provide your personal details, contact information, and proof of income to complete the application process.
- What are the requirements to open an Ackermans Account?
To open an Ackermans Account, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid South African ID
- Provide proof of income (e.g., a recent payslip or bank statement)
- Have a valid South African residential address
- How long does it take to process my Ackermans Account application?
Once your application is submitted, it typically takes 3-5 working days for it to be reviewed and processed. If your application is approved, you’ll receive an SMS with your account details and credit limit.
- How do I manage my Ackermans Account?
You can manage your Ackermans Account by logging into the Ackermans website or using the Ackermans mobile app. Once logged in, you can view your account balance, make payments, update your personal information, and track your rewards points.
- What are the payment options for my Ackermans Account?
You can make payments towards your Ackermans Account through the following methods:
- In-store at any Ackermans location
- Online through the Ackermans website or mobile app
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)
- Direct debit from your bank account
- When is my Ackermans Account payment due?
Your Ackermans Account payment is due on the statement date provided on your monthly account statement. It is important to make at least the minimum payment by the due date to avoid late fees and maintain a good credit standing.
- Can I increase my Ackermans Account credit limit?
You can request a credit limit increase by contacting the Ackermans customer service team or visiting your nearest Ackermans store. The approval of your request will depend on your credit history, current credit limit, and financial situation.
- How do I close my Ackermans Account?
To close your Ackermans Account, you must first settle any outstanding balance. Once the balance is paid in full, contact the Ackermans customer service team to request account closure.
- What is the Ackermans Rewards program?
The Ackermans Rewards program is a loyalty program that allows Ackermans Account holders to earn points on every purchase made with their account. These points can be redeemed for discounts on future purchases at Ackermans stores. To enroll in the program, simply sign up when opening your Ackermans Account or register your existing account on the Ackermans website or mobile app.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Ackermans customer service team for assistance.