Posted on Jan 18, 2021 by Staff Writer
The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card gives users an opportunity to earn rewards and discounts most which are travelling and lifestyle rewards. World Citizen Credit Card is designed for individuals who like to travel and at the same time enjoy top of the range entertainment.
The credit card comes with a dedicated private banker who will assist you with arrangements when you fly and with your banking needs that you may want to be taken care of. You also get travel discounts when you make hotel bookings and car rentals. The credit card comes with travel insurance that covers medical emergencies, luggage, flight delays, and comprehensive travel insurance.
Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card Summary
The Standard Bank World Citizen credit card is a black credit card that has a maximum credit limit of R250,000.00. To qualify for the World#Citizen credit card you need to earn R25,000.00 per month. World Citizen credit card comes with a monthly fee of R264.00, 2.25% international transfer fee, and a once-off initiation fee of R180.00. There is no monthly fee if you bundle your World Citizen credit card with a Private Banking Signature Account.
The interest rate on the World Citizen credit card is personalised with an interest rate ranging between the prime rate and the repo rate + 14%. The credit card requires the holder to repay at least 3% of the outstanding balance on their credit card every month.
Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card Benefits
- You get up to 35% off on Emirates flights when you book through ‘Leisure Desk’.
- If you rent a car and get a chauffeur service through Avis, you can enjoy up to 25% off on your next rental when you book through Avis.
- Get to enjoy special privileges and discounts of up to 10% at ‘ Luxury serviced apartments’ when abroad.
- You get 10% off when you swipe your card at Hirsch’s.
- You get 10% off when you use your the credit card for bookings through Hotels.com.
- When you book a spa treatment through ‘Health Spas retailers’, you get 10% off your Health Spa voucher when you pay with your credit card.
- You are covered with basic comprehensive travel insurance which includes:
- Covers for baggage loss of up to $3000.00, Baggage delay of up to $300.00, and trip cancellation cover of up to $7500.00.
- Personal accident insurance of up to $500,000.00.
- ATM robbery insurance that covers you if you get robbed of your cash within 15 minutes of withdrawal.
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of up to $500,000.00.
- Emergency medical expenses of up to $500,000.00.
- Daily in-hospital cash benefit of up to $100.00 per day.
- Purchase protection cover with claims up to $3000.00.
- You get complimentary hotel nights when you stay with ‘Marriott Bonvoy ™’.
- Can get discounts from Hertz when you use the credit Card to rent a car from Hertz.
- You get 20% off trips in the Middle East and Africa using the ‘Careem cab-hailing App’.
- You can get 10% off when you spend R300.00 or more at ‘Pro Gifts’ and ‘A place to shop’.
Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card Fees 2021
|1||Monthly service fee||R264.00|
|3||International transaction fee||2%|
|4||Cash deposits at a Standard Bank ATM||Free up to R3000.00, thereafter R10.00 per R1000.00|
|5||Cash Deposit at a Standard Bank Branch||R18.00 per R1000.00|
|6||Online inter-account transfers fee||R4.00|
|7||Branch inter-account transfers fee||R75.00|
|8||Cash withdrawals at Standard Bank ATMs||R7.50 per R1000.00|
|9||Cash Withdrawals at Standard Bank Branch||R20.00 per R1000.00|
|10||International ATM withdrawals fee||R20.00 per R1000.00 + 2% int fee|
|11||Cash advance on casino chips purchases||R2.00 per R100.00|
|12||Cash withdrawals at other banks ATMs||R10.00 per R1000.00|
|13||Online account payments||R9.00|
|14||Branch accounts payments||R75.00|
|15||Purchase with cashback point of sale||R1.40 per R100.00|
|16||Point of sale purchase only||Free|
|17||Point of sale cashback only||R1.40 per R100.00|
|18||Prepaid airtime, SMS and Data (ATM & Online)||R0.50|
|19||Prepaid electricity recharge||R1.50|
Competitive Advantages of the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card
- You get up to 55 days free interest when you pay your account in full.
- The card is secure and comes with the most recent card technology such as a card micro-chip, card protection and 3D Security verification for online purchases.
- You get to pay using your phone with ‘Tap to Pay ™’ for purchases of R500.00 or less.
- The credit card comes with travel perks such as discounts on accommodation, flight tickets and car higher. Discounts can go up to 35% depending on what you are purchasing.
- You get lifestyle discounts when you use the World Citizen credit card at selected stores.
- The World Citizen Credit Card comes with travel insurance.
- You get personalised travel concierge assistance whenever you need it.
Competitive Disadvantages of the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card
- The credit card has a very high monthly fee of R264.00, which is the highest of all Standard Bank credit cards.
How to qualify for the Credit Card
- You must earn a minimum income of R25,000.00 per month.
- Must be over the age of 18 at the time of application.
- You need to have a South African ID or a passport if you are not a South African citizen.
- Have proof of residence not older than 3 months.
- Have a recent payslip and a 3 months bank statement showing income
The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit comes with great travel benefits that include hotel discounts, and flight discounts. This credit card is suitable for someone that likes to travel the world as they would enjoy most if not all the benefits that come with the credit card.
Open a free trading account today
Open a Live Trading Account Today, Get Free Daily Trading Signals. Open your trading account right now and get your financial trading journey started with this great broker. No commissions, get 24 hour withdrawals with this award winning platform.