The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card is a black credit card available to people over the age of 18 with a monthly income of R25,000.00 or more. The credit card has a maximum credit limit of R250,000.00, but credit is assigned based on the individual risk profile.
A one-time initiation fee of R180.00 is required to start using the credit card. The monthly service fee for the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card is R199.00. A monthly minimum repayment of 3% of the total credit used is required.
The interest rate on the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card is tailored to each individual’s risk profile. Credit card holders who choose a 6-month budget plan pay no interest. Credit card holders can also get up to 55 days of interest-free credit if they repay the credit in full within 55 days.
The credit card also includes a membership in the UCount rewards program. Since the credit card is designed for travel, cardholders receive 5% to 35% discounts on accomodation, car rentals, and airline ticket purchases.
Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card holders receive numerous benefits, including lifestyle and insurance benefits. These benefits are detailed below.
Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card Benefits
The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card comes with a variety of benefits. The credit card offers travel benefits, lifestyle benefits, and insurance benefits. These benefits are detailed below.
- When you book Emirates flights through Leisure Desk, you can save up to 20%.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities gives you access to handpicked experiences and offers in cities all over the world.
- When you use your credit card to book on Booking.com, you can earn up to 5%* cash back.
- Gopals is offering 10% off all hard- and softshell luggage
- When you book a car through Rentalcars.com, you will receive a 10% discount.
- Take advantage of a 10% Travelstart discount on any international roundtrip fare.
- Enjoy 24 visits to the Lounge Key and Bidvest Lounges per year.
- Get a 10% discount at OneFineStay apartments.
- Hertz offers discounts of up to 15% on car rentals.
- At Luxury Connections, you can qualify for world-class travel packages.
- Up to 25% discount on hotel room at Legend Hospitality Group.
- Receive 15% off any aha Hotels & Lodges plus a free room upgrade.
- Up to 15% discount when you park at First Class Parking for at least four days.
- When you shop at Wine-of-the-Month Club, you can save 15%* off your online purchases.
- When you buy 1GB of AlwaysOn Wi-Fi for R19 once and get 11GB free*.
- Earn UCount Rewards Points whenever you use your credit card, regardless of where you shop.
- For new users, get 2 months of Lingokids free, and then save 30% on monthly subscriptions.
- Udemy offers up to 30% off top trending courses and up to 50% off the course of the month.
- With Gift Experience, you can save 5% off your experience voucher.
- Farfetch.com is offers 10% off select items to credit card holders.
- When you purchase one month with your World Citizen Credit Card, you will receive 11 months of free internet access from AlwaysOn Wi-Fi.
- When you spend more than R4 999 online at Bradlows, Russells, Rochester, or Sleepmasters, you will receive a 10% discount.
- SweepSouth give you R150 off your first visit.
- Educor offers a 15% discount on tertiary fees at select institutions.
- Access to purchase protection.
- Medical emergency cover is available when travelling.
- There is travel insurance when you shop your travel ticket with the Standard Bank Work Citizen Credit Card.
Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card Fees 2023
|Monthly Service Fee||R199.00|
|Once off Initiation Fee||R180.00|
|ATM cash withdrawal fee||R2.20 0er R100.00 or part thereof|
|Branch withdrawal Fee||R80.00 + R2.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Withdrawals at other bank’s ATMs||R2.2 per R100.00|
|International cash withdrawal Fee||R3.00 per R100.00 (min R70.00) or part thereof + int transaction fee|
|Cash deposit at Standard Bank ATMs||R1.20 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Notes cash deposit at branch||R80.00 + R2.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Coins cash deposit at branch||R80.00 + R10.00 per R100.00 & part thereof|
|Notes and coin deposit at branch||R80.00 + R2.50 per R100.00 + R10 per R100.00 & part thereof|
|Online inter account transfers||R4.00|
|Branch inter account transfers||R87.00|
|Online account payments||R9.00|
|Branch account payments||R87.00|
Competitive Advantages of the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card
- You get up to 55 days free interest when you pay your account in full.
- The card is secure and comes with the most recent card technology such as a card micro-chip, card protection and 3D Security verification for online purchases.
- The credit card comes with travel perks such as discounts on accommodation, flight tickets and car higher. Discounts can go up to 35% depending on what you are purchasing.
- You get lifestyle discounts when you use the World Citizen credit card at selected stores.
- The World Citizen Credit Card comes with travel insurance.
- You get personalised travel concierge assistance whenever you need it.
Competitive Disadvantages of the Standard Bank World Citizen Credit Card
- The credit card has a very high monthly fee of R199.00.
How to qualify for the Credit Card
- You must earn a minimum income of R25,000.00 per month.
- Must be over the age of 18 at the time of application.
- You need to have a South African ID or a passport if you are not a South African citizen.
- Have proof of residence not older than 3 months.
- Have a recent payslip and a 3 months bank statement showing income
The Standard Bank World Citizen Credit comes with great travel benefits that include hotel discounts, and flight discounts. This credit card is suitable for someone that likes to travel the world as they would enjoy most if not all the benefits that come with the credit card.