FNB is South Africa’s oldest bank, and it has evolved over time to meet the needs of modern financial systems. Today, the bank has what is arguably the best banking app in South Africa, as well as some of the best digital platforms available from any bank.
Even in banking, the bank has been able to adapt to changing times. The bank recently launched a new line of bank accounts and credit cards. This action has distinguished the bank as one of the industry’s early adopters.
What is FNB Credit Card?
The FNB Credit card is a credit card series that requires a minimum annual income of R84,000.00. The FNB credit card offers up to 55 days of interest-free credit. Credit card holders are automatically enrolled in the eBucks rewards program, where they can earn up to 60% in discounts and receive rewards when they spend.
Credit card holders have free access to the FNB digital platforms, which include the FNB banking app, online banking, and cell phone banking, 24/7. Furthermore, depending on the credit card used, there are free SLOW lounge visits ranging from 2 to unlimited.
General benefits of the FNB credit card include:
- Free travel insurance when purchasing flight tickets with their credit card,
- Automatic debt protection to a certain maximum depending on the credit card,
- Access to exclusive deals from selected partners,
- Personalised interest rates and more.
FNB credit cards are discussed separately below.
FNB Aspire Credit Card
The FNB Aspire Credit Card is an entry-level credit card available to those earning between R84,000.00 and R449,999.00 per year. Credit card holders are automatically enrolled in the FNB eBucks rewards program, where they can earn up to R150.00 in eBucks points. Every year, FNB Aspire credit card holders who spend and save can earn a R1,500.00 shoe voucher per year.
Features of the Aspire Credit Card
- The credit card grants account holders access to the FNB digital platforms, making credit card transactions simple.
- Monthly eBucks rewards are available to credit card holders.
- The credit card allows for an infinite number of swipes.
- Credit card holders can take advantage of special offers from retailers such as Koodoo, the pet shop, and Cycle Lab.
- When used to purchase return tickets, the credit card includes travel insurance.
SLOW lounge visits are free 2 times a year.
- The Aspire credit card comes with free automatic debt protection.
- The Features on the gold credit card are beyond comparison compared to other bank first tiers credit cards. This card is packed with so many benefits that you don’t need to pay for and eBucks, for example, may come in handy over time.
- Credit facility service fees R17.00
- Initiation fees (once-off) R175.00
- Monthly service fee R25.00
- Additional service fee R17.50
- Must earn between R84,000.00 to R449,999.00 per annum.
- Have a good credit score.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Provide a recent copy of payslip.
- 3 months bank statement.
- Comes with free access to the FNB rewards program.
- There are travel benefits.
- The monthly credit facility fee is low.
- There is automatic debt protection.
- The R84,000.00 minimum income requirement is high compared to that of other banks offering the same credit card.
FNB Premier Credit Card
The FNB Premier credit card is a midrange credit card that is available to those with income of R240,000.00 to R849,999.00 per year. The credit card come with a team of dedicated premier bankers and charges a monthly fee of R92.00.
FNB premier credit card features
- 55-day grace period.
- Free prepaid purchases when using the mobile app.
- Free electronic transfer.
- Slow airport lounge access
- Automatic debt protection
- Get an auto payment solution.
- Free card purchases.
- Personalised internet rate.
- Budget facility.
- Monthly service fee of R92.00
- Initiation fee R175.00
- Credit card facility service fee R17
- You must have a good credit score
- Be 18 years or older
- Earn between R240,000.00 – R849, 999.00.
- Have an South African ID.
- The account gives account holders free access to the FNB eBucks rewards program.
- There is a dedicated team of advisors that are there to assist account holders.
- There are complimentary rewards that can be claimed.
- Account holders get travel benefits, lifestyle, and entertainment benefits.
- There is free access to the FNB digital platforms.
- There are no discounts on accommodation and car rental.
FNB Private Clients Credit Card
The FNB Private Clients Credit card is available to those who earn between R750,000.00 and R1,799,999.00 per year. The monthly service fee for the credit card is R150.00. This credit card provides cardholders with access to FNB private banking staff who are available 24/7.
FNB private clients credit card Features
- Budget facility with repayment terms ranging from 6 to 60 months
- FNB Global Travel Insurance that protects you no matter where you go in the world.
- Comes with automatic debt protection of up to R12 000, with additional top-up cover available.
Countless virtual cards.
- Purchase protect covers purchases made with your FNB Virtual Credit Card.
- The policy only covers tangible items such as furniture and personal items such as clothing, cellphones, and laptop computers. Coverage is available up to R12 500.
- FNB Credit Card offers the option to budget your unexpected medical expenses at a competitive interest rate.
- Monthly service fee R150. 00
- Initiation fee R175.00
- Credit card facility service fee R17. 00
- Must earn between R750,000.00 to R1,799,999.00 per annum.
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months.
- A valid South African ID.
- Must have an excellent credit score.
- There are travel benefits such as free travel insurance.
- Low monthly fee.
- Access to a private banker.
- Slow lounge visits.
- Free enrollment into the FNB eBucks rewards program.
- Access to all FNB digital platforms.
FNB Private Wealth Credit Card
The FNB Private Wealth Credit Card is a private banking credit card available to individuals earning R1.8 million or more in investable assets. Credit cardholders pay a monthly account fee of R275.00 for the credit card. FNB’s credit card is the only one that comes in metal.
Features of the FNB Private Wealth Credit Card
- Get up to 55 days of interest-free purchases,
- Get ebucks rewards when you buy on selected stores,
- Unpaid mini statements and historic statements,
- Balance enquiries and card purchases at no cost
- Free linked accounts transfer and payments,
- Credit from R100,000.00
- Unpaid card replacement,
- Access to slow lounge
- 24/7 access to a dedicated private banker
- Monthly fees R258.00
- Initiation fee R175.00
- Credit facility service fee R17.00
- Must earn R1,800,000.00 or more per annum or,
- Have assets to the value of R15,000,000.00
- Need an excellent credit score,
- Unlimited virtual card.
- Purchase protection cover of up to R15,000.00.
- Access to airport lounges.
- Unlimited card swipes.
- Free global travel insurance.
- Interest free purchases.
- Up to 5 additional cards at no extra charge.
- Only a selected few can get the credit card.
FNB Credit Card Application
You will need to get a few things in order to apply for an FNB credit card. Choose the card that you want to apply for then get the following in order ;
- Make sure that your credit score is good or excellent,
- Get your credit report
- Must be 18 years or older,
- Have a South African ID
- Have your 3 months payslips in place,
- Have your three months bank statement showing proof of salary
- Make sure that you meet the requirements for the card that you want to apply for
- If you are an Fnb app user start your application on your app or
- Start your online application
- Alternatively, visit your nearest Fnb branch with the required documents to start your application