Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Staff Writer
The FNB Islamic Gold Business Account is a first-tier business cheque account for Islamic banking. The account is Shari’ah compliant and offers similar features, pricing, rewards, and benefits as that of the FNB Gold Business Account.
To make sure that the account is strategically structured to meet acceptable standards based on Islamic banking, FNB has set up the Shari’ah Advisory Committee to supervise, monitor, review, and approve activities of Islamic banking from FNB.
You can expect better business banking from FNB with the FNB Islamic Gold Business Account. This account comes with a set of benefits that ensures that you get the best of Islamic banking. However, since this is a first-tier business cheque account, there aren’t any top of the range benefits.
The Islamic Gold Business Account comes with business solutions that enable businesses to receive and spend money in different ways. By having the FNB Islamic Gold Business Account, you get access to the FNB’s eWallet Pro, Business Forex services, PayPal and FNB merchant services.
Furthermore, the account enables account holders to earn and spend rewards with FNB eBucks rewards program for business. Rewards are only for qualifying FNB Islamic Business card holders. The rewards can be spent online on the eBucks store or at any participating store.
FNB Islamic Gold Business Account Summary
FNB Islamic Gold Business Account is a Shari’ah compliant business cheque account available to any business operating in South Africa. Qualifying businesses need to earn an annual turnover of R0.00 – R5,000,000.00. The account charges R8.00 for ewallet transactions and has an international transaction fee of 2.75% per transaction.
Transacting at an FNB branch costs more for the FNB Islamic Gold Business Account as transfers cost R15.00, third party payments costing R80.00 and stop payments cost R80.00 per transaction. Consultant assisted transactions costs even more and these should be avoided.
Benefits of the FNB Islamic Gold Business Account
- There is restricted functionality on debit cards whereby you can empower your staff by issuing them with a limited function debit card.
- Can transact electronically where you can make once-off and recurring payments as well as stop orders and debit orders using online banking for business.
- Comes with a Visa debit card that you can use to make purchases in-store and online both locally and internationally.
- The account comes with business solutions for transacting purposes. Business solutions are as follows :
- eWallet Pro.
- Business Forex.
- Merchant Services.
- Comes with free AA roadside assistance if you have your petrol card linked.
- Comes with an instant accounting software solution that enables businesses to record their day to day transactions.
- The account can accommodate any type of industry transactions and can also be customized to suit the banking needs of specific industries.
- Can get vehicle and asset finance as an account holder.
- There is an opportunity to own property through property finance for Islamic Gold Business Account holders.
- Has a 48-hour cash accelerator that will help your business with planned expenses and future expenses.
- You can open a virtual card for online transactions so that you can always be safe when shopping online.
FNB Islamic Gold Business Account Fees 2021
|Fee description||Single Fee||Pay As You Use Fee|
|Electronic Debit transactions||Free for the 1st 30 transactions and R19.00 per transaction thereafter||Free for the 1st 50 transactions and R19.00 per transaction thereafter|
|FNB ATM Cash Withdrawals fee||Free for the 1st 5 transactions and R2.00 per transaction thereafter||Free for the 1st 10 transactions and R2.00 per transaction thereafter|
|Cash deposits at an FNB ATM||Free for up to R50,000.00 and R4.50 + R0.80 per R1,000.00 or part thereof||Free for up to R100,000.00 and R4.50 + R0.80 per R1,000.00 or part thereof|
|Pay and Clear now transaction fee||Free for the 1st transaction and R35.00 per transaction thereafter||Free for the 1st transaction and R35.00 per transaction thereafter|
|Transfers at an FNB branch||R15.00||R15.00|
|Consultant assisted Transfers||R80.00||R80.00|
|International currency commission and conversion fee||2.75% of the transaction value||2.75% of the transaction value|
|Other bank’s ATMs prepaid purchases||R15.00||R15.00|
|FNB Connect prepaid purchases||Free||Free|
|External debit order fee||R19.00||R19.00|
|Third-party payments at an FNB branch||R80.00||R80.00|
|Stop payment using digital channels||Free||Free|
|Stop payment at an FNB branch||R80.00||R80.00|
|Debit order dispute using digital channels||R5.00||R5.00|
|Debit order dispute at an FNB branch or telephone banking||R40.00||R40.00|
|eWallet payments per transaction||R2.00 + R8.00 per R1,000.00 or part thereof||R2.00 + R8.00 per R1,000.00 or part thereof|
|Reversal of incorrect eWallet transaction||R55.00||R55.00|
Competitive Advantages of the FNB Islamic Gold Business Account
- The account is flexible with different pricing options to choose from.
- The account is easy to open as it can be opened online.
- There are no hidden costs when it comes to maintaining the account.
- The account allows for multiple cards to be taken.
- Comes with business solutions that help a business transact on other platforms.
Competitive Disadvantages of the FNB Islamic Gold Business Account
- The account charges more on branch and cell phone assisted transactions.
How to qualify for the Account
- Must be a registered company in South Africa.
- Have South African green barcoded ID books or Smart cards for the directors of the company.
- Proof of address for the company owners.
- Company documents must include the company registration certificate.
- Company’s income tax number.
The FNB Islamic Gold Business Account is a great account for a small businesses that prefer Islamic banking. The account is versatile and offers much needed support for small businesses to prosper.
Start trading with R400+ bonus
Trade stocks, forex, commodities, metals and CFDs on stock indices with an internationally licensed and regulated broker. For all clients who open their first real account, XM offers a R400+ trading bonus without any initial deposit needed. Learn more about how you can trade over 1000 instruments on the XM MT4 and MT5 platforms from your PC and Mac, or from a variety of mobile devices.