Posted on Mar 26, 2021 by Staff Writer
The FNB Gold Business Account is an entry-level cheque account for businesses. The account is for registered startups that include micro-businesses, small businesses, and close corporations.
FNB Gold Business Account offers an easy day-to-day transacting account to make purchases in-store and online easy and fast. With the Gold Business Account, you or your business will be able to purchase goods and services both locally and internationally with ease.
FNB has partnered with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) to help individuals register companies with companies and intellectual property commissions (CIPC) through the FNB’s internet banking. This has made it easier for individuals to register businesses at the same time open a bank account with FNB.
FNB Gold Business Account Summary
FNB Gold Business Account is a business cheque account for businesses with a gross turnover of R0.00 – R5,000,000.00 per annum. The account comes in two options which include a single fee and pay as you use (PAYU) option.
The single fee option comes in two pricing options of R265.00 and R390.00 monthly service fee with the latter offering 20 more electronic debit transactions and 5 more FNB ATM cash withdrawals than the first option.
On the other hand, the Pay As You Use option pricing comes in one option. The account has a monthly service fee of R80.00 and charges a monthly service fee of R150.00 for trust entities.
The FNB Gold Business Account charges a pay and clear fee of R35.00 per transaction which is R27.00 more than the pay and clear charges for the FNB First Business Zero Account. Depending on which pricing option you choose, you get to pay R18.00 out of bundle fee per transaction for electronic debit transactions.
The account comes with free FNB cash deposits of up to R100,000.00 for the R390.00 monthly service fee single fee option and up to R50,000.00 FNB cash deposits per month for the R265.00 monthly service fee single fee option. Thereafter, account holders will have to pay an out of bundle fee of R4.50 + R0.80 per R1,000.00 of cash deposits on an FNB ATM for the single fee options.
FNB Gold Business Account Benefits
- Comes with two pricing options that one can choose from which includes a single fee pricing option and a Pay As You Use pricing option.
- The account is flexible enough to accommodate both the heavy transacting clients and those that transact less.
- You get access to the FNB instant solutions which includes:
- Comes with free access to the FNB Instant accounting software which uses FNB electronic bank statements to generate financial statements and reports that include income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and more.
- Access to instant accounting insights whereby you get your business’s performance laid-out in charts and reports.
- Registered accountants can make use of the Instant Accounting for Accountants.
- The account offers extensive services and additional benefits than that of the FNB First Business Zero Account.
- Comes with access to electronic transfers.
- The FNB Gold Business Account comes with a business coach that can be accessed through Fundaba on the FNB App. This service is free of charge.
- The account has unlimited card swipes that can be performed in any store in South Africa and abroad.
- Comes with free airtime, data, and electricity purchases when using the FNB digital platforms to transact.
- Comes with a free FNB business call account that offers a guaranteed minimum interest rate of 2.25% per annum and account holders can save from as little as R1.00.
- The account has 1 free electronic pay and clear now transaction per month.
- You get access to eWallet Pro where you can pay any recipient or employee even if they don’t have a bank account by using their cellphone number.
- Bank account holders get free access to the eBucks rewards for businesses where they can earn rewards and discounts on qualifying transactions when using the FNB Gold Business Account/Debit Card.
- Can use FNB to register a company with CIPC where FNB will facilitate the whole company registration process and open your FNB Gold Business Account with the bank.
FNB Gold Business Account Fees 2021
|Fee Description||Single Fee||Pay As You Use|
|Monthly Service Fee||R265.00 / R390.00||R390.00|
|Electronic Debit transactions||Free for the 1st 30 transactions and R19.00 per transaction thereafter||Free for the 1st 50 transactions and R19.00 per transaction thereafter|
|FNB ATM Cash Withdrawals fee||Free for the 1st 5 transactions and R2.00 per transaction thereafter||Free for the 1st 10 transactions and R2.00 per transaction thereafter|
|Cash deposits at an FNB ATM||Free for up to R50,000.00 and R4.50 + R0.80 per R1,000.00 or part thereof||Free for up to R100,000.00 and R4.50 + R0.80 per R1,000.00 or part thereof|
|Pay and Clear now transaction fee||Free for the 1st transaction and R35.00 per transaction thereafter||Free for the 1st transaction and R35.00 per transaction thereafter|
|Transfers at an FNB branch||R15.00||R15.00|
|Consultant assisted Transfers||R80.00||R80.00|
|International currency commission and conversion fee||2.75% of the transaction value||2.75% of the transaction value|
|Other bank’s ATMs prepaid purchases||R15.00||R15.00|
|FNB Connect prepaid purchases||Free||Free|
|External debit order fee||R19.00||R19.00|
|Third-party payments at an FNB branch||R80.00||R80.00|
|Stop payment using digital channels||Free||Free|
|Stop payment at an FNB branch||R80.00||R80.00|
|Debit order dispute using digital channels||R5.00||R5.00|
|Debit order dispute at an FNB branch or telephone banking||R40.00||R40.00|
|eWallet payments per transaction||R2.00 + R8.00 per R1,000.00 or part thereof||R2.00 + R8.00 per R1,000.00 or part thereof|
|Reversal of incorrect eWallet transaction||R55.00||R55.00|
Competitive Advantages of the FNB Gold Business Account
- Comes with free instant business solutions.
- Comes with a free business call account.
- The account is flexible with different pricing options to choose from.
- The account is easy to open as it can be opened online.
- There are no hidden costs when it comes to maintaining the account.
- The account allows for multiple cards to be taken.
- Account-holders get free entry to the FNB eBucks rewards for business.
Competitive Disadvantages of the FNB Gold Business Account
- The monthly service fee is higher when compared to many entry-level business cheque accounts in South Africa.
How to qualify for the Account
- Must be a registered company in South Africa.
- Have green barcoded ID books or Smart cards for the directors of the company.
- Proof of address for the company owners.
- Company documents that must include the company registration certificate.
- Company’s income tax number.
The FNB Gold Business Account is the best way to start your business banking at FNB. Your business doesn’t need much to qualify for the account. All that is needed is for the company to be registered in the republic, have a tax number, all have directors’ details and registration certificate.
Start trading with R400+ bonus
Trade stocks, forex, commodities, metals and CFDs on stock indices with an internationally licensed and regulated broker. For all clients who open their first real account, XM offers a R400+ trading bonus without any initial deposit needed. Learn more about how you can trade over 1000 instruments on the XM MT4 and MT5 platforms from your PC and Mac, or from a variety of mobile devices.