Posted on January 5, 2021 by Staff Writer
|Bonitas Medical Fund|
|Products||Hospital plans, Medical Aid|
|Address||37 Conrad Drive
|Phone||27 86 000 2108|
Bonitas medical fund is a South African medical scheme headquartered in Pretoria, South Africa. The company was established in 1982 and has been growing ever since.
The company went from having 610 000 beneficiaries in 2011 to 730 000 beneficiaries in 2020. In the same period, the company increased its reserves from R2.3 Billion to R4 Billion.
Bonitas serves customers in 31 industries in South Africa. According to the Ask Africa Orange Index, Bonitas is ranked number 181 best company of 2019.
Bonitas has over 280 000 customers with medical health insurance. Its key clients include Kumba Iron Ore, Anglo American, Telkom and Local Government.
Plans offered by Bonitas medical fund
The primary plan starts from R2 429 pm for the main member’s contributions with added child and adult contributions starting from R773 pm and R1900pm respectively.
You get unlimited hospital cover and unlimited GP and specialist consultations.
Each family member gets R13 260 to use for MRI and CT scans. For internal prostheses, each family member can claim up to R32 130.
GP consultations, specialist consultations, x-ray and ultrasounds, blood tests and acute medicine are all paid from the day to day benefit that ranges between R2 660 – R6 510 per year.
Over the counter medication is limited to R500 per member and R1 460 per family, . General medical appliances are included in the plan and a family can use up to R7 030.
Primary Select Plan
With the Primary Select Plan, you can use any hospital in South Africa. The main member instalments start from R2 429 with additional adults and children paying an added fee of R1 900 and R773 respectively.
GP and specialist consultations are unlimited for hospital stays. If out of the hospital, you can spend up to R6 510 per year on GP and specialist consultations. For blood tests, acute medicine and X-rays and ultrasounds the amount that can be spent is limited to R6 510.
Each family get up to R165 500 for cancer treatment. For each hospital stay, you can use up to R390 for medication. For physical rehabilitation, your family get R50 600. Your family get up to R7 030 that they can use for general medical appliances. These amounts are given out per year.
With the Bonitas Standard plan, you get better hospital and out of hospital benefits than the primary plan. As the main member, your monthly instalment starts from R3 888. Should you wish to add an adult, you will need to pay a minimum of R3 371 and R1 140 if you add a child.
Hospital cover and GP and specialist consultation while in a hospital are unlimited. For internal and external prostheses you family can use up to R45 090 per year. Cover for mental hospitalisation is for up to R40 600 per family.
Out of hospital benefits include:
- GP consultation for the amount of up to R7 870.
- Specialist consultation, x-ray and ultrasound, blood test and acute medication cover up to R12 420 in costs.
- Over the counter medication cover of up to R790 per member and R2 400 per family
- Hearing aid cover of R16 320 for every 5 years.
- Chronic benefits of up to 45 chronic conditions. Cover for each member is R9 800 and R19 670 per family.
Standard Select Plan
With the Standard Select plan, you can save up to 15% if you choose to use Bonitas hospital networks. Monthly instalments for the main member starts from R3 368. The main member can add an adult by contributing at least R 2 914 and R986 for a child.
In- hospital benefits for the Standard Select include :
- Usage of hospital networks
- Unlimited cover for a hospital stay
- You receive unlimited GP and specialist consultation
- A family cover of R283 300 for Cochlear implants
- Mental health hospitalization cover of R40 600 per family.
- Take home medical cover of R475 per hospital stay
- A physical rehabilitation cover of R50 600 per family.
- Cancer treatment cover of R344 500 per family.
BonFit Select Plan
Same as the Standard Select plan you can save up to 15% when choosing this option since you will be using Bonitas network hospitals. Contribution from the main member starts from R2 152. An additional adult will cost R1 668 while a child will cost R645.
In – hospital benefits for the BonFit Select Plan:
- Use of hospital network
- Unlimited GP and specialist consultation and blood tests and X-rays
- Unlimited kidney dialysis, organ transplant and HIV treatment.
- Cancer treatment cover of R344 500
- Take home medicine of R390 per hospital stay
- Physical rehabilitation of R50 600 per family
- Mental hospitalisation cover of R32 210 per family
Out of hospital benefits for the BonFit Select Plan:
- GP and specialist consultation, acute medicine, x-ray and ultrasound, and blood tests paid from available savings.
- Paramedical, general medical appliances and optometry costs paid from available savings.
BonComprehensive cover starts from R7 207 for the main member’s instalments. An adult can be added for an additional R6 797. The main member can add a child on BonComprehensive for R1 467. With BonComprehensive you save on contributions and self-payment for Gap fees.
In – hospital benefits for the BonComprehensive plan:
- Unlimited hospital stay.
- Unlimited GP and specialist consultation.
- Internal never stimulators cover of R168 900 per family.
- Cochlear implants cover of R283 300 per family.
- Cancer treatment cover of R618 500 per family. R245 400 can be used for specialised drugs.
- Non-cancer specialised drugs cover of R200 100 per family.
- Unlimited kidney dialysis, organ transplant and HIV/Aids treatment.
Other plans from Bonitas Medical Insurance
Other plans from Bonitas include savings plans namely BonSave, BonComplete and BonClassic. Hospital plans include hospital Standard, BonEssential and BonEssential Select. Savings plans offer plans with less cover amounts and benefits. Hospital plans are only for hospitalization and normally cover hospital expenses.
Bonitas Medical Fund is saving hundreds of thousands of lives by offering affordable health insurance. The company has successfully served 730 000 plus beneficiaries without any compromises.
With a variety of plans available, Bonitas has managed to cater for different medical needs. With a product portfolio of hospital plans, savings plans or comprehensive plans, Bonitas has it all covered.