Aside from being prestigious, the FNB Premier Cheque account offers a variety of benefits and perks that benefit the client. The premier account offers some of the best travel, lifestyle, and entertainment benefits for a mid-tier cheque account. The FNB Premier account is a fantastic account to have; we go over it in more detail below.
FNB Premier Account Summary
The FNB Premier Account is a cheque account available to individuals with annual incomes ranging from R240,000.00 to R849,999.00. The account charges a monthly account fee of R230.00. Account holder’s spouse or partner benefit from a 50% discount on the monthly account fee, and the FNB Premier account holder’s children under the age of 25 pay R0.00.
FNB Premier Account fees 2023
|Fee Description||Fee in South African Rands (ZAR)|
|Monthly Bank Charge||R230.00|
|Credit facility service fee||R17.00|
|FNB ATM Withdrawal Fee||R2.30 per R100.00|
|FNB Branch withdrawal fee||R80.00 + R2.85 per R100.00|
|Till point withdrawal fee||Free|
|Withdrawal At other bank’s ATMs||R12.00 + R2.50 per R100.00|
|International branch withdrawal fee||R80.00 + R2.85 per R100.00|
|International ATM withdrawal fee||R80 + R2.85 per R100.00|
|Cash deposit at FNB ATM||R1.30 per R100.00|
|Cash deposit at FNB branch||R80.00 + R2.85 per R100.00|
|Deposit at till point||Pricing is determined by the merchant|
|Contactless cash withdrawal||R1.15 per R100.00|
|Credit Card monthly account fee||R75.00|
|Linked petro card fee||R29.50|
|Monthly overdraft service fee||R69.00|
How do you qualify for FNB Premier Cheque Account?
- You must have a valid South African ID,
- Must be the age of 18 years or older at the time of application,
- Provide proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application, and
- Earn an annual income that ranges between R240,000.00 – R849,999.00.
FNB Premier Account Benefits
- Free ATM and Cash withdrawals and deposits of up to R4,000.00 per month.
- Free airtime and data purchases.
- There are no charges when making withdrawals at till point.
- Spouse or partner get 50% off their monthly account fee.
- Children under 25 of the FNB Premier Account holder don’t have to pay any monthly account fee.
- Comes with a free savings account that earns market related interest.
- Internal and external debit orders are for free.
- Account holders can enjoy up to 12 bonus complimentary domestic and international SLOW lounge visits per year courtesy of eBucks.
- Can earn up to 100% of your monthly account fee back if you invest with FNB.
- Up to 40% off selected flights for the account holder and his/her family.
- Up to 40% back in eBucks on Netflix and Spotify subscriptions.
What you get after opening the Account
- You get an FNB Premier Cheque Account.
- The FNB Premier Cheque Card.
- Account holders can apply for the FNB Premier Credit card
- You get a free savings account that earns you a competitive interest. With this savings account, FNB allows you to save while you spend. It rounds up your card purchases value and saves the difference value in your Savings Account.
- Get a pre-package of free FNB Connect data, voice minutes and SMSs monthly.
- Free withdraws cash at Shoprite & Checkers, Pick n Pay, Boxer Superstores .
- Free Digital banking on the FNB App, FNB Online Banking and Cellphone Banking. With online banking, you can enjoy making your payments, transaction, eWallet, transfers and Geo Payments.
The FNB Premier Account offers account features that are convenient for all the family members, this includes your spouse and your kids.
You can get your spouse to enjoy all the benefits offered by the FNB Premier Account despite their income amount.
How spousal FNB Premier Cheque Account works?
- For R149 per month, they get an all-inclusive portfolio product including FNB Premier Cheque Account and Credit card.
- Membership to the eBucks rewards program.
Free FNBy account for your kids
FNB Premier account also offers a free FNBy Account for your kids. The FNBy is a fully functioning account that can be used for day-day banking and transactions.
It also offers a savings account with good interest rates for your kids’ savings.
This account is designed for under 25 individuals and the under 18 are not charged for monthly account fees. Those over 18 are charged a small fee of R17 per month but they get fee waiver since their parent owns a FNB premier account.
Competitive Advantages of FNB Premier Account
- The account gives account holders free access to the FNB eBucks rewards program.
- There is a dedicated team of advisors that are there to assist account holders.
- There are complimentary rewards that can be claimed.
- Account holders get travel benefits, lifestyle, and entertainment benefits.
- There is free access to the FNB digital platforms.
- There is a fee discount for account holder’s kids and spouse/partner.
Competitive Disadvantages of the FNB Premier Cheque Account
- The account doesn’t have any car rental discounts.
- There is no Pay As You Use option.
The FNB Premier Cheque account is ideal for anyone looking for a mid-tier cheque account. Account holders enjoy numerous advantages that only a few accounts in South Africa can match. Young professionals are also given priority, with their own dedicated Premier accounts to help them get started as professionals.