The FNB Petrol Card comes in two varieties, both of which offer the same benefits. When applying for a FNB Petro Card, you must choose between a standalone card and one that is linked to a credit card. The FNB Petrol card can be used for vehicle maintenance and other automotive needs. The FNB Petro Card and its fees are discussed further below.
FNB Petro Card Summary
The monthly credit facility fee for the FNB Petro Card is R17.00, and the monthly account fee is R40.00. Individuals with a minimum annual income of R84,000.00 are eligible for the FNB Petro card. AA roadside assistance is provided at no extra cost to cardholders.
How does FNB petrol card work?
The FNB Petrol Card Account combines a credit facility account and a transactional account, both of which are linked to a single Petro card. In contrast, a FNB Standalone Petrol Card is a transactional card that can be used for your vehicle, gasoline, toll payments, and vehicle maintenance.
The FNB Petrol Card comes with free AA roadside assistance which includes the following free benefits:
- Free roadside repair.
- Changing of flat tyres.
- Tow in services limited to 40 kilometres round trip. This service is available 24/7/365 days.
- Stand by your service.
- Refuelling with up to 10 litres.
- Key lockout service, limited to a maximum of R300.00 including VAT.
- Restarting a flat battery.
- Courtesy services that include car hire and overnight accommodation including you and four of your passengers.
FNB Petrol Card Benefits
The FNB Petrol Card immaculate benefits that you can take advantage of. Here are the benefits of the FNB Petrol card:
|#||Stand-alone Petrol Card||Linked Petrol Car|
|1||Comes with a separate card limit||Has personalised interest rates|
|2||Easy fuel expenses management for taxation purposes||Comes with roadside assistance from AA|
|3||Comes with free AA roadside assistance||Separate reporting on the credit card statement to manage fuel and vehicle expenses|
|4||Has personalised interest rates||Can consolidate your credit repayment at a go|
|5||You receive a separate credit card statement to better manage your fuel and motor vehicle expenses|
Where to use the FNB Petro Card
The FNB Petro Card can be used to purchase petrol at any fuel station in South Africa. Tolls and vehicle maintenance can also be paid for with the FNB Petro card. Despite the fact that the Petro Card is a credit card in and of itself, it comes with its own set of limitations.
The FNB Petro card cannot be used for any transactions other than those related to your motor vehicle expenses. You can not only pay for general motor vehicle services with a FNB Petro Card, but you can also get free AA Emergency roadside assistance.
What the card Gives you
- Free auto payment, offering you the convenience of having your account paid on time each time.
- You get access to online banking, mobile banking, telephone banking and/or Mobile App banking for having the FNB Petro card.
- Free lost card protection and PIN replacement
- The FNB Petro Card comes with a secure chip and pin, therefore, providing extra security against unauthorized use.
- Comes with a free subscription to inContact, meaning, you will receive an SMS notification for every transaction of more than R100.00.
- Free AA roadside assistance.
- Has personalised interest rates and limited.
- Free Contactless technology that allows you to make fast and secure payments for low-value purchases.
- You get to choose between a standalone Petro card and a linked Petro card, all dependent on your preference.
- Comes with a credit facility that suits you.
The list above demonstrates how the Petro card is intended to simplify your banking, transaction, and credit life. The card is advancing to become one of the most secure Petro Cards in South Africa, thanks to the addition of a magnetic chip and contactless technology.
FNB Petrol Card Fees 2023
|1||Credit facility fee||R17.00|
|2||Initiation fee||Up to a maximum of R175.00|
|3||Monthly account fee||R40.00|
|4||Additional card fee||R20.00|
|5||Credit card budget purchases||Free|
|6||Fuel transaction fee||R6.25|
|7||Voucher retrieval request local||R105.00|
|8||Voucher retrieval request international||R295.00|
|9||Declined transaction fees||R8.50|
|10||Card replacement fee||R125.00|
|11||International card delivery||R730.00|
|12||Courier delivery fee||Free|
|13||Urgent delivery fee||R260.00|
|14||Branch delivery fee||Free|
|15||Scheduled Card Delivery||R150.00|
Competitive Advantages of the FNB Petro card
- Requires you to earn at least taxable income of R7000.00 per month to qualify.
- Comes with many freebies such as AA roadside assistance, card replacement, digital banking, etc.
- The new card is updated with current credit card technology.
- You can use the card internationally and locally.
- Offers convenience when you don’t have the adequate cash flow to run urgent maintenance on your vehicle, as such, the FNB Petro card comes in handy at such times.
- You can close down your Petro Card at any time with penalties.
- It’s easy to apply for the Petro Card especially when you are an FNB client.
Competitive Disadvantages of the FNB Petro card
- The Petro Card simply functions as a credit card, so if you already have one, you don’t need a Petro card.
- Transaction fees apply, so the more you transact, the more money you will pay in fees.
How to apply for the FNB Petro card
- You need to have a South African ID.
- Be over the age of 18 at the time of application.
- Provide recent 3 months bank statements(this is for those that do not receive their salary through an FNB account).
- A recent payslip
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months.
- You can use the FNB digital platforms to apply or you can apply at any FNB branch.
However, having all these required documents doesn’t mean that you will be automatically approved for a Petro Card. Getting a Petro card is subject to a credit assessment that is conducted by FNB. Also, to qualify for an FNB Petro Card you need to earn at least R84,000.00 per year.
Every motorist will appreciate the benefits of the FNB Petro Card. Given that the monthly card price is only R57.00, the fact that you get free AA roadside assistance worth R100.00 per month is a bonus. Try to calculate the potential cost of holding a FNB Petro Card before you get one, especially if you have a credit card. By completing this evaluation, you will be able to determine whether or not you need the Petro card.