Pollen Finance is one of the rising fintech business lenders in South Africa. The Stellenbosch based business loan provider assists many SMEs with loans ranging from R50 000 to R1 500 000.
In the past 5 years, they have assisted thousands of South African SMEs with over R1 billion in short-term loans.
Their loan value ranges from R50 000 to R1 500 000 and the funds can be received within 3 days, after completion of the application process.
- A registered company or close corporation in South Africa
- Annual turnover of more than R1 million or R85 000 monthly turnover
- A trading history of at least 1 year
Pollen Finance Application
Application is done within a few minutes on their website by filling in a simple form provided therein.
Step by step application process:
- Click on the apply button
- Determine your desired business loan amount between R50K to R1.5 million
- Fill in your contact details and answer the few easy questions on the spaces provided
- Then submit your application
Within a few hours of submitting your application, a Pollen Finance consultant will contact you for the verification of your application. Request the following documents:
- Latest 6 months bank statements of your business
- A Pollen application form which would have been provided to you for your signature
After the Pollen assesses your business cash flow, a preliminary loan approval will then be granted. This will lead to the further request of:
- CIPC Company registrations documents
- Copy of ID of Directors
- Copy of Lease Agreement (If applicable)
- Latest VAT statement of account
- Signed Consent to Credit Search forms which will be provided to you
It takes Pollen an average of 3 days or less for the money to be deposited to your business account after approval.
How to repay Pollen Finance loan
- Pollen Finance offers short term loans with a maximum loan period of 8 months.
- The standard period to repay your loan is 26 weeks, which should be repaid in equal weekly instalments.
- However, monthly instalments are also available, depending on your business cash flow.
- Should you repay your Pollen Business loan over a shorter period, you will receive up to 75% discount on the once-off interest charged
- Pollen charges an all-inclusive fee of 25% of the amount advanced to you.
- For a R100 000 loan, you will be charged R25 000 fee. Therefore you will have to repay a total of R125 000 spread out according to the loan period offered.
- There are no upfront payments required, payment only starts after you have received your full loan amount.
- No hidden costs such as application fees or monthly service fees
- However, additional fees may be imposed for not paying on time
Once 50% of your loan has been repaid you may apply for refinancing.
Competitive Advantages of Pollen Finance Business loans
The fees charged
- Pollen charges an all-inclusive fee of 25% of the loan amount advanced to you. This makes it transparent and easy to calculate how much your instalments will be.
- There are no upfront payments required. Pollen also has no hidden costs like most lenders do.
Flexible repayment structure
Unlike banks and alternative lenders who charge penalty fees for settling your account ahead of schedule, Pollen may even give you up to 75% discount on fees charged for early settlement.
Refinancing is available
Once 50% of your capital is repaid, you can access further funds from Pollen.
Competitive Disadvantages of Pollen Finance Business Loans
Only offers short term loans
Pollen only offers short term loans making it not a viable lender when your business is looking for a long term loan to finance a long project.
No finance for newly registered businesses
You need a successful trading history of at least one year and a turnover of at least R1, 000,000 per year to qualify for a Pollen Finance Business Loan.
Therefore startup companies are not catered for by Pollen.
Most small businesses take time to start making a million per year. Even if a company has been trading for more than a year, most small businesses struggle to meet over R1 million yearly turnovers.