Are you looking for a versatile and rewarding shopping experience in South Africa? Look no further than the Game store account, powered by RCS. With the ability to use it at over 20,000 stores across the country, this account comes with exclusive Game-specific benefits. But before diving into the details, let’s first define what the Game account is and what it offers to account holders. We will also explore how the account works and examine its advantages and disadvantages, so you can make an informed decision.
Game Account Summary
The Game Account is a store credit account that provides qualified account holders with up to R50,000.00 in credit. In terms of income, one must earn at least R2,000 per month to qualify for the account. The amount of credit assigned to the Game account will be determined by the level of income as well as other underwriting factors such as current accounts open, credit score, and so on.
Game Account comes with a R750.00 minimum credit offer for those with the lowest qualifying credentials. Account-holders can use the account at any Game store in South Africa as well as stores supported by RCS.
When using the Game account, you can choose between a 24 month and a 36 month repayment plan. This is done at the point of sale in stores or when purchasing online from the Game website. The chosen plan will determine how much should be paid each month. A 36-month repayment plan calls for a lower monthly payment than a 24-month repayment plan.
Customer protection insurance is included with the Game store account to protect the account holder’s credit balance. The following items are covered by the customer protection policy:
- Death and permanent disability cover which covers the full outstanding balance on the Game account.
- Temporary disability cover which covers up to 12 months installments. If installments go over 12 months while facing a temporary disability the remaining months will have to be paid for by the account holder.
- Loss of income cover which covers up to 12 installments. This is when an account holder is retrenched or loses their job.
The Game account is flexible, allowing users to shop while also protecting their credit in the event of an unforeseen emergency.
How the Game account works
A Game account is a revolving store credit account that can be used repeatedly as payments from the credit issued are made. Following a successful application, credit is issued to the Game account ranging from R750.00 to R50,000.00. The amount of credit granted will be determined by a number of underwriting factors.
The issued credit can be redeemed at any Game store in South Africa, including any other stores that accept RCS cards. This account can also be used to make purchases on the Game website. It is important to note that when using the Game store account online, free delivery applies to purchases of R250.00 or more on the Game website.
The account can be accessed by family and friends. As a result, the account holder is eligible for up to three additional cards that can be used by family and friends. The main account holder will pay the repayment of the credit used by the main account holder and his or her family or friends.
Credit will be required to be repaid on a monthly basis. When using the Game account to make purchases, you will be able to choose between a 24 month and a 36 month repayment plan. The amount payable by the account holder on a monthly basis will be determined by the plan chosen.
Failure to make repayments may result in a reduction in the credit amount or the total credit being revoked. It is always advisable to repay credit in a timely manner. Furthermore, if payments are made on time, the credit limit can be increased from time to time until it reaches R50,000.00.
Advantages of the Game account
- The account comes with access to cash if one wants to make withdrawals from the credit allocated.
- The account can be managed through the Game credit app that is available on the Google play store and App store.
- Comes with a longer repayment option of 24 months to 36 months.
- The account offers a credit of up to R50,000.00 that can be used at over 2600 stores in South Africa.
- Additional cards can be taken for friends and family to make their shopping easier.
- Extended warranty on items bought is available and Game account holders get 50% off on extended warranty premium.
- Customer protection insurance is included to protect the account holder in the event that he or she is unable to make payments to the Game account.
- There are a number of ways to make repayments to the Game account.
- It is easy to apply for the Game account as it can be applied for online or in-store for those who prefer to be assisted when making an application.
Disadvantages of the Game account
- There are no welcome vouchers for first-time Game account holders.
- More interest is to be paid since the repayment plans start from 24 months whereas for other store accounts repayment plans start from 6 months.
Game Mystore Account Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Be employed and earn over R2,000.00 per month.
- Have a South African ID book or Smart card or a valid driver’s license.
- Bank with a South African Bank (this is where your income should be deposited every month).
- Latest payslip which will serve as proof of income.
The Game account is an account that provides the account holder with the ability to purchase almost anything on credit. The account includes flexible repayment plans that allow account holders to make low monthly payments.