Edgars account is a store account available to people who earn R1,000.00 or more per month. Individuals applying for the account must be at least 18 years old at the time of application. The monthly service fee for the account is R30.00.
When purchasing on Edgars stores online or in store, the Edgars account comes with a 6-month interest-free credit. Account holders can shop at up to 30 000 stores nationwide since the account is part of RCS. Purchases made outside of Edgars’ online or in-store stores are eligible for up to 55 days of interest-free credit.
Account holders can choose between a 24-month or 36-month repayment plan. This is applicable to purchases of R600.00 or more. Account holders can obtain up to 3 additional cards for use by family and friends.
Account holders have the option of joining the Edgers club for R50.00 – R120.00 er month depending on the membership criteria. The club allows members to save money on a monthly basis.
Account holders who join the Edgars club can choose between the Edgars Club Life and the Edgars Club VIP memberships, which offer monthly savings of R2,600.00 and R3,600.00, respectively.
In addition to the benefits of club membership, new account holders receive R1,750.00 in vouchers. These vouchers are only valid for new Edgars accounts and can only be used at Edgars and its partner locations.
Edgars is one of the best stores in South Africa, offering some of the best fashion brands. We discuss about the company and more below.
Edgars is a Southern Africa retail chain headquartered in Johannesburg. Under new management, the department store’s focus has lately switched from apparel, shoes, home goods, and beauty items to mass-market fashion and beauty products.
As a retailer, Edgars is well-known for offering high-quality goods at low prices. The retailer is well-known for selling some of the world-renowned brands such as Nike, Reebok, and Puma. On the other hand, the company’s fragrance section features high-end brands such as Versace and Gucci.
Edgars is no longer just a traditional clothing retailer; it has added some distinctive features to its stores. Some of its stores now include a coffee shop, beauty rooms, play areas, and other amenities. An Edgars Account can now do much more than it could 5 years ago.
Edgar’s account has grown as a result of RCS. RCS owns the Edgars credit account business, which it acquired in 2020. Account holders are gradually transitioning to the RCS system, but they can still access their accounts through the Edgars system.
Knowing what an Edgars account can do is critical, especially for first-time Edgar’s account holders. We discuss how the Edgars account work below.
How does the Edgars Account Work
The Edgars account is similar to a store credit card in that money is allocated to the account for use by the account holder. The account allows for up to three additional cards to be used by family and friends. Money in the account or store credit can be spent at any Edgars location or at any partner location.
The amount payable’s due date will also be communicated on the monthly statement. However, if you pay with a debit order, alerts will be sent to your mobile phone as a reminder to either remind you to make the necessary payment on a specific day or have the amount owed in the account.
If you believe you will be unable to make the payment by the due date on the statement, you can make an arrangement. The payment plan will give you enough time to gather the funds owed to Edgers and make the necessary payments.
Debt collection will occur if you do not communicate. The involvement of debt collectors will result in an increase in the amount owed. This is due to the fact that debt collectors charge a fee. You should not let things get this far because it will have far-reaching consequences for your current credit and ability to obtain future credit.
Advantages of the Edgars Account
- The account comes with R1,750.00 worth of vouchers to use when shopping with the Edgars card.
- Account-holders get access to the Edgars club program where they get to save when shopping.
- The account can be used not only at Edgars stores but also at partner stores.
- There are 6 methods of making payments to the account which makes it easy and convenient to repay the amount owed.
- Account-holders can register on the Edgars website to view their statements and take control of their account.
- There is an interest-free grace period for account holders on every purchase.
- Free SMS notifications on purchases.
Disadvantages of the Edgars Account
- Account-holders have to pay a fee to be part of the Edgars club.
- It takes longer to close the account since one has to first cancel the club membership, insurance products, and other products that they have with Edgars.
Edgars Account Application requirements
- One must be at least 18 years or older at the time of application.
- Have a valid South African ID.
- Have proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
- 3 months bank statement with a bank stamp showing income.
- Earn R1,000.00 or more per month.
The Edgars account provides account holders with an exceptional shopping experience. Account-holders will have a joyful shopping experience whenever they shop at Edgars, thanks to Edgars’ focus on creating a better shopping experience for its customers.