The hi account allows users to shop for a variety of devices and electronics. hi store account can be used at any hi store in South Africa. The tech store is known for selling some of the best gadgets in the world, and having a hi account makes it easier to get the goods you want right away and pay for them later.
hi carries a variety of brands, including Xbox, Nokia, Apple, Huawei, Samsung, and others. Mobile phones, laptops and tablets, audio equipment, gaming equipment, and televisions are all sold in the store. Accessories like telephones, laptops, game consoles, and more can be purchased with the account.
Account-holders can use their accounts to shop at other stores. Credit purchases can be made at any TFG (The Foschini Group) partner store with this account. TFG has over 900 network retailers, which gives its account holders a wider range of options when it comes to shopping.
A hi account comes with a slew of advantages for the user, some of which may be detrimental to others. You can familiarize yourself with the hi account by knowing what it is and how it works if you want to get your hands on it. The hi account is described in further depth below.
hi Account Summary
The hi account is a revolving store account that allows customers to shop on credit at any of the hi stores. Those who are over the age of 18 and have a source of income are eligible for the hi account. Anyone who earns a living can apply for the account because there is no minimum income criterion. This comprises employees who are paid on a salary, commissions, or allowances.
The account includes automatic enrollment in the MyTFG account program. The myTFG rewards program is a rewards program that any TFG affiliated store can participate in. MyTFG rewards program comes with personalized vouchers and discounts on specific purchases. To receive rewards when shopping online, account holders must link their account to their online account.
Account-holders have the option of selecting one of two repayment budget plans. There are two budget plans available: a 12-month budget plan and a six-month budget plan. A 12-month budget plan is an interest-bearing budget plan in which the account must be settled within 12 months. A 6-month budget plan is an interest-free plan in which the account must be settled within 6 months.
Optional customer protection insurance is available for the hi account, which can be used to secure the credit. The customer protection insurance repays the amount of credit you’ve utilized. This will come in handy if someone passes away and their estate needs to be settled.
How the hi account works
Like any other shop account, the hi account must be applied for. The account requires that the applicant earn an income, which can come from a variety of sources such as allowances, salaries, and commissions. The account can be used as a revolving credit account until the account holder decides to close it.
After approval, credit is assigned to the account. This credit is usable at any hi store and its affiliates. When making purchases with the credit account, customers can choose between a 6-month interest-free credit or a 12-month interest-bearing budget.
Even if the account is shared with relatives and friends, the primary account user will be responsible for repaying the credit utilized in the hi account. The monthly repayment amount will be influenced by the budget you choose. As a result, interest may be charged on the installments.
The money deposited into the hi account the account holder is made immediately available for use by the account holder after it has been received by hi. If temporary credit was used, however, the funds must first be used to pay off the temporary credit before being allocated to the credit limit.
Advantages of the hi account
- The account includes R1500.00 in vouchers that may be spent at hi and its associated stores.
- Optional customer protection insurance for the account protects the account holder’s credit in the event of an insured incident.
- To make timely payments, there are a variety of payment options available.
- The account automatically enrolls you in the My TFG rewards program.
- Purchases can be made on the hi website or at hi partner stores using the account.
- When you choose the 6-month budget plan, you can acquire credit with no interest.
- Credit can be topped up at any moment.
- Airtime is available at a discounted rate for account subscribers.
- With the My TFG rewards program, you may win prizes and earn vouchers.
Disadvantages of the hi account
- Interest payable gets high when payments are skipped.
- Too many shopping opportunities can lead to overspending.
hi account requirements
- Must be over the age of 18 years at the time of application.
- Have proof of income such as a payslip or 3 months bank statement.
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
- A valid South African ID book or Smart card or a valid driver’s license.
hi Account is a fantastic method to purchase goods on credit. The account provides account holders with access to over 900 stores around South Africa. The account can be used to buy not only electronics, but also furniture, household appliances, and clothing.