FNB car insurance is a car insurance policy for people over the age of 18. The FNB car insurance offers cash back in the form of eBucks points ranging from 1% to 15% of monthly premiums. FNB car insurance is available to those who have a FNB transactional account or WesBank vehicle asset finance.
First National Bank offers offers a diverse range of car insurance products. The FNB car insurance comes in 3 options which includes:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Third Party, Fire and Theft Insurance, and
- Third Party Only Insurance.
FNB car insurance packages are available for both new and used vehicles. When compared to other South African insurers, FNB’s premiums are reasonable and competitive.
As the FNB Car insurance comes in 3 options we discuss these option in detail below.
FNB Car Insurance Products
First National Bank has different car insurance products available to choose from. Car insurance products include comprehensive car insurance, third-party only car insurance, and third-party, fire and theft car insurance. These products are discussed in detail below.
FNB Comprehensive Car insurance
FNB comprehensive car insurance is a car insurance cover that covers a wide range of incidents. The cover covers intentional occurrences, natural occurrences, and accidents. Comprehensive insurance cover from FNB covers you against:
- Malicious damage to your vehicle by someone,
- Vehicle theft,
- Attempted hijacking,
- Attempted vehicle theft( damages incurred during the attempt),
- Natural occurrences such as fire, explosions, earthquakes, lightning, or hail storms.
- Damage to third-party vehicles.
Roadside assistance is automatically activated upon subscribing to the comprehensive car insurance cover. You get 24/7 access to the benefit and it is available to you anywhere in South Africa. Towing costs are taken care of by FNB should your vehicle need to be towed away.
FNB Third-Party, Fire and Theft Car insurance
FNB third party, fire, and theft car insurance is an insurance product for motor vehicles that are paid off or that are older than 15 years. The third-party, fire, and theft car insurance cover offers lesser coverage when compared to the comprehensive car insurance but comes at a more affordable premium than the comprehensive car insurance.
The third-party, fire and theft car insurance cover against:
- Vehicle theft,
- Attempted vehicle theft,
- Vehicle hijacking,
- Attempted vehicle hijacking,
- Fire-related damages,
- Damages that you may have caused to another person’s vehicle during an accident.
The purpose of the third party, fire, and theft car insurance is to offer a car insurance cover that is affordable by cutting off some of the covers included in the comprehensive car insurance cover. Accidental damage is not covered by the cover. Furthermore, the third party, fire, and theft car insurance cover doesn’t cover natural occurrences.
FNB Third-party only car insurance
FNB third-party only car insurance provides coverage to those that want to insure themselves against third-party damages. The third-party only car insurance covers one against third-party property damage to the extent that they are legally liable to compensate the third party. FNB only pays for the damages that are caused by the insured.
Damage to own vehicle is not covered by the third party only car insurance. Therefore, it is important to have another car insurance product if you have third-party car insurance. With another car insurance product, you will be able to replace or repair your car at a lesser or at no additional cost in case of an accident. Otherwise, with third-party-only insurance, you will have to cover the total cost of repairing/replacing your own vehicle.
Benefits of FNB Car Insurance
Having a First National Bank car insurance product comes with benefits, these include:
- Affordable premiums that can be negotiated in order to secure the best cover at the best price,
- You get multiple quotes from some of the most reputable insurance companies in South Africa,
- Comes with a basic excess waiver,
- Cover for natural disasters,
- Policies are open driver policies, meaning the policies allow for the addition of multiple drivers,
- Free roadside assistance,
- Free evaluations on specific products,
- FNB can cover all your risks under 1 policy,
- Advice on what to insure and what not insure,
- Policies come with their own claims broker who will be there to assist you with your insurance needs.
What you need to apply for an FNB Car Insurance
- Must have a valid driver’s license that is a year older or an international permit,
- A valid South African ID book or Smart card or passport,
- An insurable asset (motor vehicle)
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
Advantages of the FNB Car Insurance
- There is a cash back on monthly premiums of up to 15%.
- The insurance product can be bought online.
- There are different car insurance products to choose from.
- Individuals can choose the amount of cover they want.
- Different types of vehicles can be insured under FNB car insurance.
Disadvantages of the FNB Car Insurance
- The product is only available to FNB account holders and for those with a WesBank vehicle finance.
FNB Car Insurance Application
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Have a South African ID book or smart card.
- Be 18 years or older at the time of application.
- Have a valid FNB transactional account.
First National Bank does not insure autos in the typical manner. To provide insurance products to South Africans, the organization use a broker system. The broker system provides superior vehicle insurance options based on many bids. The company’s products are diverse and can be differentiated. As a result, the FNB car insurance packages adapt to the needs of various car insurance purchasers.