Absa Personal Loan is available to individuals aged 18 and up. The loan is available to those who earn at least R2,000.00 per month and is applicable to home loans payable over a 12-month period. Personal loans that are repayable in 2 to 6 months required a monthly income of R1,500.00.
The Absa personal loan includes personal insurance coverage of up to R350,000.00 per month. The loan repayment period ranges from 2 months to 84 months.
What you need to know about the loan
Getting an Absa personal loan is not that difficult. You can get access to cash in a few minutes if you are an existing Absa customer. Anyone that earns an income of R1500.00 or more can qualify for an Absa personal loan.
Personal loans are for medium to short-term borrowing. Borrowing on personal loans can take up to 84 months to repay. There are other loans that Absa offers such as express loans and instant loan.
Absa Personal loan facility comes with flexible repayment terms. You can get a loan from R2000.00 to R350,000.00 depending on how much you need. The payment term is flexible meaning you can choose to settle your debt between 12 to 84 months. Early debt settlement means less payable.
Out bidding their competition
Absa promises to beat their competitor interest rate should you get approved at Absa and elsewhere.
This means that Absa will give you low interest rate to better what their competition offers. You will then have to pay low instalments should you use this approach.
You can obtain a price claim guarantee at a branch or online should you qualify.
A price claim guarantee should be claimed in less than 30 days. Price claim for should be accompanied by a pre-approval from competitor. The loan from competitor must be available to everyone in the country to qualify.
Personalised interest apply on personal loans. Interest on Absa personal loan is charged at prime + 17,5% per annum. Loan interest rate is adjusted based on credit risk and the loan duration.
Absa Personal loan benefits
- You get up to R350,000.00 in loan amount.
- You are able to get reduced interest rates should you get better interest rate from other banks.
- Get access to mobile, internet, and mobile app banking.
- Loans can be settled within 84 months, meaning more time is given to repay.
- Have an optional insurance to cover your debt should there be uncertainties like death.
- Personal loans can be consolidated with other Absa loans.
Absa Personal loan Credit insurance
Credit insurance provides protection on credit due to death, disability, critical illness or retrenchment. If anything happen to you the Absa credit protection pay out the outstanding amount. This is to ensure that the financial burden is eased should an unforseen event take plan.
Maximum sum that can be insured is R350,000.00. Cover for retrenchment and dread disease ceases at the age of 60. Permanent and temporary disability cover ceases at the age of 65. Death cover is active for the duration of the loan and is not age bound.
Absa Personal loan Competitive Advantage
- Get pre-approved in minutes if you are a Absa client.
- Loan is easy to apply and can use online channel to apply.
- The loan amount is transferred to your account immediately after being approved.
- Receive personalised interest rate.
- Can apply for pre-approval online.
- Loan amount is up to R350,000.00 which is better than other bank’s maximum loan amount that can be borrowed.
- Have access to optional credit protection insurance to cover disability, death and retrenchment.
- Great support team from Absa should you need help.
Absa Personal loan Competitive Disadvantages
- A high loan amount comes with high interest rate.
- Those with high risk credit profile receive high interest rate on their personal loan.
- The loan is only for South Africans.
- 18 years old or older
- Earn a minimum of R2000 a month
- Proof of income (3 months bank statements or payslips)
- Proof of residence for FICA (not older than 3 months)
- South African bank account
- South African ID number
How to apply for Absa personal loan
- Use our Personal Loan Calculator to estimate your monthly repayments
- Know how much you can afford with Absa affordability Calculator. Then check your credit score and have access to your credit report.
- Make any corrections stated on your credit report to increase your credit score. If your credit score is good the proceed to application. You can check your credit score for free using clearscore.com.
- Have your 3 months banks statement showing your income. The bank statement must be recent. If you bank with Absa there is no need for bank statement.
- Must have 3 months payslips from your employer.
- You must possess a South African ID.
- Start your application online
- Alternatively visit your nearest Absa branch to start your application.
Other loans offered by Absa for individuals
This loan is accessed whenever needed and is unsecured. The loan has a maximum repayment period of 6 months. If is a short term borrowing that charges high interest than personal loan. You need to earn income to qualify, however, any income amount qualify for the loan. Repayments are fixed for a duration of 6 months. You can choose to repay between 2 to 6 months.
Express loan is a good way start building a good credit score. The payments are made through a debit order so you won’t miss payments. Increasing your credit score will be much easier as loan amount is less and easy to settle.
Interest rate is fixed so there are no fluctuations in repayments. Repayments are fixed for the duration of the loan. You will know how much to pay and when to pay. The loan is very easy to manage especially if you are a first time borrower.
Access to the loan is easy an accessible anytime. Approval take minutes and funds are available immediately after approval. Loan start from R1500 to R8000.
This Absa personal loan is for those who bank with Absa. The loan is available to anyone that bank with Absa. You need to earn an income to have access to instant loan. There is no paperwork required and funds can be accessed immediately.
Instant loan start from R250 to R8000. This loan can be used to cover immediate expenses. Funds can be received anytime and anywhere. You can apply for this loan if you are a Absa customer. You can use your mobile app or internet banking to start your application.
Absa personal loans are there to meet different needs for different individuals. Whether you want to cover medical expenses or build a house Absa Bank has a loan for such.
Access to a Absa personal loan requires one to earn income. These loans must not be abused and must be chosen with caution. Getting a loan amount that you can repay is ideal. This will help you have a good credit score since there won’t be any defaults or arrears on your credit profile.
Your ability to earn future loans will be secured.
Additional Links to check out:
- Best Personal Loans for 2022
- Best Business Loans for 2022
- FNB Personal Loan Review
- Nedbank Personal Loan Review
- Capitec Personal Loan Review
- Standard Bank Personal Review
- Rateweb’s Personal Loan Calculator