Buildings insurance is a fantastic way to secure your home. You may assume that building insurance is superfluous, yet lenders demand home loan borrowers to obtain building insurance for their homes for a reason. We can’t predict what will happen in a few minutes or years, but having home insurance provides peace of mind. A buildings insurance coverage gives you piece of mind because it covers the actual structures of your buildings as well as, in some situations, minor structures on your property such as pools or tennis courts.
Buildings insurance will repair or rebuild the physical structures of your buildings if they are damaged, which cameras and alarms cannot. OUTsurance provides a buildings insurance plan that can help you save money while protecting your house. Your home will be protected against a wide range of events, and you will be able to access your policy via the OUTsurance mobile app or online. When you pick OUTsurance Buildings Insurance, you will receive no-cost benefits that are not related to your premiums.
OUTsurance Buildings Insurance Summary
Damage to one’s buildings is covered by OUTsurance Buildings Insurance. Clients are protected against leaking pressurized pipes that cause property damage, acts of nature, explosion, land subsidence and landslip, and fire. OUTsurance covers the costs of calling out the fire brigade in the event of a covered incident.
OUTsurance building insurance allows one to add other insurance products to the policy. Clients can add covers such as:
- Portable Possessions Insurance,
- Home Contents Insurance,
- Legal and medical assistance,
- Personal Accident Insurance, and
- Exclusive extras for women.
Adding a home contents insurance will give one a whole cover for their buildings and the contents inside the buildings. Therefore, if something happens to the buildings, you can be covered for the buildings and contents in your home.
What the OUTsurance Buildings Insurance Cover
Loss or damage caused by
- Explosion and earthquake
- downward movement of land resulting from natural shifts or human activity causing structural damage to the building insured.
- wind, thunder, lightning, storm, hail, flood, or snow.
- bursting or overflowing of water heating systems, water supply tanks, cisterns, and pressurised water pipes forming a permanent part of the buildings.
- Accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitaryware, sewerage, gas, electricity, and telephone connections between the building and the public supply or main.
- theft and intentional acts.
- a power surge and dips.
- Loss or damage occurring during construction or alteration caused by an incident that is claimable.
- Temporarily accommodation
- Personal liability as a homeowner and liability to domestic employees.
What the OUTsurance Buildings Insurance doesn’t cover
Loss or damage
- Caused intentionally by the policy owner or any member of their household or their tenant or a lawful occupant,
- Which occurs with the policy owner’s knowledge or consent.
- Loss or damage caused by scorching.
- Damage to retaining walls unless they are designed and constructed according to structural engineering specifications.
- Structural damage caused by:
- Scratching, chipping, cracking, denting, biting, tearing or dirtying,
- A lack of maintenance,
- Construction, alteration or repairs, defective workmanship or materials,
- Defects in design or construction of the building,
- There is no cover for theft, attempted theft, fire and explosion loss or damage, and if accidental damage of home contents were stored in an illegally occupied building.
- Empty buildings, abandoned buildings, and vacant buildings are not covered for theft, accidental damage, and loss or damage of home contents due to fire or explosions.
- Damage directly or indirectly caused by settlement, shrinkage, or expansion of soil due to change in moisture content caused by extreme weather conditions.
Benefits of OUTsurance Buildings Insurance
Clients who purchase OUTsurance Buildings Insurance receive a cash refund of 10% of their premiums. This is done after three years of no claims. Customers must not skip premium payments for three consecutive years and must be claim-free to be eligible for the cashback bonus.
OUTsurance covers emergency roadside and home assistance at no extra cost. Home and roadside assistance are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout South Africa. Clients receive assistance with car breakdowns caused by a flat battery, a flat tire, or other minor issues. OUTsurance will cover the cost of towing and vehicle storage.
If the breakdown occurred more than 50 kilometres from home, overnight accommodations are provided. The annual limit for roadside assistance is R5,000.00, with a maximum of two incidents per vehicle. If your limits have been exceeded, assistance can be dispatched to you; however, any costs incurred will be your responsibility.
[email protected] will allocate qualified locksmiths, electricians, plumbers, tree fellers, beekeepers, builders, or glaziers to your location as soon as possible. If an insured incident compromises your security, a security guard will be dispatched to your home. Home assistance provides R5,000.00 per year of coverage and a maximum of two incidents per noted address.
The OUTsurance Buildings Insurance premiums are guaranteed not to change for a period of 12 months. Even if you file a claim with your building insurance, the 12-month period will not be altered. OUTsurance will fix your excess amount regardless of the size or value of your claim.
- There is cashback when you are claim-free for a certain period.
- With [email protected], clients can get access to professional services should they require help at home such as locksmith services, plumbers, etc.
- The product offers cover for different types of occurrences.
- Temporary accommodation is given if a coverable incident affects your dwelling.
- Cover amounts can be optimised according to your individual cover needs.
- Benefits can be added to enhance the selected product.
- There is only one product available to choose from.
Besides the Buildings Insurance Benefits discussed in the benefits section, the product further comes with the following benefits:
- Approved partners benefit – that provides a list of services providers so that repairs can be done ASAP,
- Glass cover – cover for accidental damage to fixed glass and sanitaryware.
- Lightning surge protection – protects home devices from the effects of power surges.
The buildings insurance from OUTsurance offers more wins than losses to clients. The product is surely there to benefit both the client and the business which makes it a win-win situation for both parties involved.