Posted on Dec 30, 2020 by Staff Writer
Diners Club International in collaboration with Standard Bank, have made it possible to bring the Diners Club Platinum Credit Card to South Africa. The Diners Club Platinum Credit card is mainly designed for individuals that like to travel around the world and have an exotic taste in entertainment.
The credit card offers benefits that are world-class with complimentary services that go beyond banking. Benefits include lifestyle benefits, insurance benefits and travel benefits.
Diners Club Platinum Credit Card Summary
The Diners Club Platinum Credit Card is a credit card offered by Standard Bank that charges R80.00 monthly maintenance fee. To qualify for the Diners Club Platinum Credit Card, you need to earn an annual income of R500,000.00 or more. As a Diners Club Platinum credit cardholder, you need to repay a minimum of 3% of your total credit/debt every month.
Interest on the Diners Club Platinum account is fixed. The maximum interest rate that one can get on the Diners Club Platinum credit card is the prime rate + 7.25%. The credit card comes with a foreign charge handling fee of 2%. There are free services that you can enjoy as a Diners Club credit cardholder such as free card add-ons, free concierge service, free 1st statement request per month, free 1st card replacement and free 1st deposit per month.
To get started with your Diners Club credit card, you need to pay a once-off initiation fee of R180.00. The credit card comes with a 24/7 customer service to assist you whenever you have a problem that requires immediate attention. You also get to receive real-time transaction updates and notifications on activities that take place on your Diners Club Platinum credit card.
Benefits of the Diners Clubs Platinum Credit Card
- Access to over 1000 airport lounges around the world in over 131 countries and 501 cities.
- You get complimentary express spa treatments at OR Tambo International departures or Letsema manicures at Cape Town at domestic departures.
- Emirates flight discounts of up to 30% off first class, 35% off business class, and 30% off economy flights when you use your Diners Club Platinum Credit Card.
- You get automatic insurance and get an immediate replacement of lost or stolen Diners Club credit cards.
- For every public conveyance ticket that you purchase with your Diners Club Platinum Credit card, you get complimentary phase 1 travel insurance.
- Invitations to lifestyle experiences
- Complimentary lifestyle concierge service.
- Invitations to connoisseur events such as wine, whiskey and coffee.
- Access to pre-arranged Airport transfers and Meet & Greet. Members get exclusively negotiated rates for transport to the airport and fast track airport check-ins and arrivals for international flights.
- You get special offers through the Diners Club international network.
- You get global complimentary access to over 65 million WiFi hotspots accessed through Diners Club Travel Tools App.
- There is an optional credit protection plan that provides cover for your credit should something unfortunate happens to your credit.
- You get to be part of a rewards program that allows you to earn and redeem miles on flights and accommodation with either ClubMiles, BA Avios or SAA Voyager.
- You get easy access to Forex via a concierge. This is done through Travelex and delivery is anywhere around the country.
Credit Card Fees 2021
|3||Foreign charge handling fee||2%|
|4||Diners Club credit card interest rate||Prime rate + 7,25%|
|5||ClubMiles rewards monthly fee||R22.42|
|6||SAA Voyager rewards monthly fee||R32.50|
|7||BA Exec Club rewards monthly fee||R32.50|
|8||ATM cash deposit fee||R2.35 per R100.00|
|9||Branch cash deposit fee||R10.00 + R2.35 per R100.00|
|10||ATM cash withdrawals at Standard Bank||R2.35 per R100.00|
|11||Branch cash withdrawal fee at Standard bank||R55.00 + R2.35 per R100.00|
|12||Cash withdrawals at other banks ATMs||R10.00 + R2.35 per R100.00|
|13||International cash withdrawal fee||R50.00 + R2.35 per R100.00|
|14||Manual funds transfer||R40.00|
|15||Late payment fee||R170.00|
|16||An additional copy of a monthly statement||R30.00|
|17||Balance enquiry at a Standard Bank ATM||R1.60|
|18||Lost card replacement fee: Local||R200.00|
|19||Lost card replacement fee: international||R310.00|
Competitive Advantages of the Standard bank Diners Club Platinum Credit Card
- Comes with a whole lot of complimentary benefits such as concierge service, phase 1 travel insurance, and global access to over 65 million WiFi hotspots.
- You get 55 days interest-free credit if you pay your outstanding debt on your Platinum account every month.
- You get free secondary cards.
- Comes with 24/7 customer service at no additional costs
- There is no initiation fee charged on a new card and loyalty program.
- The Diners Club credit card is accepted at Point of Sale, ATMs, Online and other various digital platforms.
- Diners Club Platinum Credit Cardholders get to enjoy local and international lounge access.
- You get discounted flights, accommodation, Airport VIP fast track, restaurant bookings, and entertainment.
Competitive Disadvantages of the Standard Bank Diners Club Platinum Credit Card
- The rewards consist of travel rewards and expensive entertainment rewards.
- It’s hard to earn rewards if you don’t travel much or live a glamorous life.
How to qualify for the Credit Card
- You must earn an annual income of R500,000.00 or more.
- Have a certified copy of your ID copy or a valid passport if you are not a South African citizen.
- Have a proof of residence (utility bill) that is not older than 3 months at the time of application. If you live with another person you can present an Affidavit from the person you live with confirming that the applicant resides with them and the nature of the relationship.
- The latest copy of your income tax return (IRP5) or a 3 months original bank statement.
The Diners Club credit card comes with multiple travel and lifestyle benefits that a regular traveller would enjoy. The credit card is by far the best travel credit card from Standard Bank when you match the travel and lifestyle benefits with all Standard Bank credit cards.
Open a free trading account today
Open a Live Trading Account Today, Get Free Daily Trading Signals. Open your trading account right now and get your financial trading journey started with this great broker. No commissions, get 24 hour withdrawals with this award winning platform.