Posted on Jan 18, 2021 by Staff Writer
Absa Flexi Core Credit Card is a first-tier credit card from Absa Bank offering convenient everyday credit facility. The account is suitable for individuals that want to increase their credit score or first-time credit cardholders. A Flexi Core credit card can be used anywhere around the world to make purchases, transfers, or withdraw money.
The Flexi Core credit card comes with travel insurance for a range of travel emergencies. You can travel knowing that you are covered should anything happen to you when travelling. The credit card has a credit life protection that ensures that your family doesn’t have to bear your outstanding credit in the event of death, dread disease or permanent disability.
The account comes with free benefits such as access to the Absa digital platforms, credit card purchases, funds transfer online, internal and external debit orders and digital balance enquiries.
Absa Flexi Core Credit Card Summary
Absa Flexi Core Credit Card is a credit card from Absa that charges a monthly account fee of R14.00. The account comes with a monthly credit facility fee of R30.00 and requires a minimum monthly payment of 5% of the total outstanding debt. The minimum income requirement for the Flexi Core Credit Card is R2000.00 per month.
Whenever clients purchase an international plane ticket using the Flexi Core Credit Card, they get an automatic basic insurance cover of R1,500,000.00. Clients can swipe their Flexi Core Credit Card anywhere around the world with an option of earning cashback through the Absa Rewards program.
The credit card has up to 57 days of interest-free purchases. The maximum credit that one can get from the Flexi Core Credit Card is R90,000.00. The maximum credit is curbed at R90,000.00 because the Flexi Core credit card is an entry-level credit card.
Absa Flexi Core Credit Card Benefits
- Access to Absa Banking App at no additional cost where you can transact, manage your daily card limits, lock and unlock certain functions, retrieve pin code, report fraud and more.
- Automatic basic travel insurance of up to 90 days for international journeys when you purchase your return travel tickets with your Flexi Core credit card.
- Can top up your travel insurance which comes with a wider range of benefits.
- Comes with lost card protection that covers you if your card is lost or stolen.
- There is no transaction fee on purchases.
- Clients get up to 57 days interest-free on purchases.
- Clients get cash back when they pay with their Flexi Core Credit Card both locally and internationally.
- Can get a credit life protection to cover your credit card debt in the event of death, dread disease or permanent disability.
- The Flexi Core credit card comes with a tap to pay functionality for Contactless payments.
- Clients get to pay fixed monthly credit repayments so that they can be able to budget measurably.
- Comes with free NotifyMe service so that clients can get notifications for every transaction that is performed on the account.
Absa Flexi Core Credit Card Fees 2021
|1||Monthly account fee||R14.00|
|2||Monthly credit facility fee||R30.00|
|3||Secondary card fee||R16.50|
|4||Garage cards fee||N/A|
|5||Card life plan||0.325% of the average outstanding balance for the month|
|6||Cheque deposit at an Absa branch||R60.00|
|7||Cash deposit at an Absa branch||R60.00 + R2.00 per R100.00|
|8||Cash deposit at an Absa ATM||R2.00 per R100.00|
|9||Cashless cash deposit via Cash Acceptor||R2.00 per R100.00|
|10||Cash withdrawals at an Absa branch||R75.00+ R2.10 per R100.00|
|11||Cash withdrawals at an Absa ATM||R2.00 per R100.00|
|12||Withdrawal at Absa supported ATM||R6.00 + R2.00 per R100.00|
|13||Saswitch ATM||R11.50 + R2.00 per R100.00|
|14||Point of sale local cash withdrawals||R2.00|
|15||Overseas cash withdrawals ATM/POS||R75.00|
|16||Credit card purchases local and abroad||Free|
|17||Account payments via Absa ATM or online||R10.00|
|18||Account payments at an Absa branch||R75.00|
|19||Internal and external debit orders||Free|
|20||Funds transfer at an Absa ATM, online or by mobile||Free|
|21||Funds transfer at an Absa branch||R75.00|
|22||Balance enquiry at an Absa ATM, online, mobile||Free|
|23||Telephone adviser assisted||R7.00|
|24||Bank statements stamped online||R8.00|
|25||Bank statements stamped Absa Cat ATM||R16.00|
Competitive Advantages of the Absa Flexi Core Credit Card
- Has a number of free services such as basic travel insurance.
- The credit card has a very low monthly account fee of R14.00.
- The credit card comes with Contactless technology or Tap to Pay technology.
- Monthly credit repayments are fixed offering a stable repayment solution.
- Has an interest free credit of up to 57 days on purchases.
- Has lost card protection for lost or stolen cards.
- Can get cash back whenever you transact using your Flexi Core Credit card.
- Free NotifyMe via SMSs to get up to date with all account transactions.
Competitive Disadvantages of the Absa Flexi Core Credit Card
- Branch transaction fees are high.
- The account has low credit.
How to qualify for the Credit Card
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Have a valid South African ID book or Smart card.
- Be 18 years or older at the time of application.
- Have a monthly income of R2000.00 or more.
- The latest proof of income for three consecutive months.
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months at the time of application.
The Absa Flexi Core Credit Card offers a great way to start a credit life at Absa. There are a number of things that one can achieve with the Flexi Core Credit Card which includes but not limited to an increase in credit score, climbing the credit ladder, understanding how credit cards work and more.
Open a free trading account today
Open a Live Trading Account Today, Get Free Daily Trading Signals. Open your trading account right now and get your financial trading journey started with this great broker. No commissions, get 24 hour withdrawals with this award winning platform.