FNB Aspire Current Account is a cheque account with a monthly account fee of R99.00. The account comes with a dedicated team of bankers who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. FNB Aspire Current Account offers benefits for saving money and helping clients obtain necessary insurance products.
As a family-centric cheque account, the FNB Aspire Account offers a 50% discount on the monthly account fee for the account holder’s spouse/partner. Children under the age of 25 are charged R0 in monthly account fees.
The FNB Aspire Account offers numerous benefits at a low monthly fee. Below, we discuss the account’s benefits and provide a summary of the bank account.
FNB Aspire Account Summary
The FNB Aspire account is a cheque account with a R99.00 monthly service fee. To open an FNB Aspire bank account, an annual income of R84,000.00 to R449,000.00 is required. The FNB Aspire account allows account holders to own and issue assets by providing credit and asset insurance.
The FNB Aspire account includes two free e-wallet transfers per month via the FNB app. Since electronic transactions on the FNB Aspire Account are free, there are no costs associated with them. Withdrawing cash at any Checkers, USave, or Shoprite location is free of charge.
When you spend R100.00 or more on the FNB Connect Sim, you will receive an extra 500MB of data, 30 voice minutes, and 30 SMSs each month. The Aspire Account prioritizes seniors aged 60 and up, as they receive 1GB extra per month when they spend R100 or more on their FNB Connect Sim.
The FNB Aspire bank account offers numerous advantages. The advantages of the Aspire bank account are discussed below.
- Account holders receive a Superbalist voucher worth R1,500.00 every year if they spend wisely and save or insure.
- Access to Udemy, GuardMe powered by Aura, Starbucks vouchers, Quick bus, the entertainer app, BiB, Extramarks, and ARC.
- Access to the FNB app, where one can open a share account and manage money through “navigate life.”
- Free access to the FNB eBucks rewards program.
- Access to “Money Protect,” which assists the account holder in the event of certain card fraud. Up to R6,000.00 in refunds may be made to account holders.
- Children under the age of 25 who are the account holder’s children are eligible for free banking.
- A spouse or partner receives a 50% discount on the monthly account fee.
- Gain access to savings account with a competitive interest rate.
- FNB credit facilities such as home loans, vehicle financing, and more are available.
- The account does not have a pay-as-you-go option, those who do not transact frequently will still be required to pay the R99.00 monthly account fee.
- Even if the account holder has a high balance in the account, the fees cannot be waived.
- Branch fees on the account are very high, and those who are unfamiliar with the FNB digital platforms will almost certainly pay more in fees.
Fees and free transactions are included with the FNB Aspire Current Account. The list of transactions and the cost per transaction that comes with the FNB Aspire Account are provided below.
FNB Aspire Current Account fees 2023
|#||Transaction or fee||Amount|
|1||Monthly Account Fee||R99.00|
|2||Monthly Account fee for spouse/partner||R49.50|
|3||Cash withdrawal||Free up to R3,000.00 and R2.30 per R100.00 thereafter|
|4||Cash withdrawal at tills||Free|
|5||Cash deposit at FNB ATM||R3,000.00 free per month|
|6||Deposit at till||R19,95|
|7||Prepaid airtime and data fee||Free|
|9||Online, cellphone banking, and Incontact subscription||Free|
|11||Internal and external debit orders||Free|
|12||Mobile and eChannel transfers||Free|
|13||Mobile and eChannel payments||Free|
|14||Currency conversion fee on int card purchases||2% of transaction value|
|15||Petrol card linked fee||R24.00|
|16||Cash withdrawal at FNB branch||R80.00 + R2. 85 per R100.00|
|17||Other banks’ ATM cash withdrawal||R12.00 + R2.30 per R100.00|
|18||Petrol card fuel purchases||R6.25|
|19||Stop payment at a branch||R80.00|
|20||Debit order dispute at a branch||R45.00|
The fees provided above show which fees one will incur when out of bundle and for specific transactions that are not included in the account pricing. FNB Aspire Account provides most services for free online but charges high fees for transactions at FNB branches and withdrawals from other banks’ ATMs.
Requirements of the FNB Aspire Current Account
- Annual salary ranging from R84,000.00 to R449,999.00
- A payslip that is no more than 3 months old at the time of application.
- Proof of residence that is less than 3 months old at the time of application.
- 3 months of bank statements
- Smart card or South African ID book
- At the time of application, you must be at least 18 years old.
The FNB Aspire Current Account allows account holders to reduce their family bank charges, that is for their spouse and completely eliminate monthly fees for their children. The Aspire Current bank account also encourages account holders to save and spend money wisely, and those who spend and save wisely are rewarded vouchers each year.
When opening the account, account holders must meet the minimum income requirement. The account is completely free to open online or at an FNB branch, and it is activated immediately after the first deposit.