- SARS, the South African Revenue Service, is undergoing a major upgrade of its digital platform from 15 to 17 June 2023 to align with its Vision 2024 of becoming a smart and modern institution with unquestionable integrity.
- The upgrade aims to ensure the highest levels of availability, robustness, and security on SARS’ digital platforms and technology infrastructure. Regular maintenance and enhancements are necessary to provide clarity and ease of compliance for taxpayers, traders, and to build public trust and confidence.
- Stakeholders are urged to submit priority Goods Declarations (bills of entry) and Road Manifests by Thursday, 15 June 2023, at 18:00 to minimize potential disruptions during the upgrade. Intermittent service interruptions may occur on the eFiling and Customs Digital Platform during the upgrade period.
The South African Revenue Service (SARS) has announced a major upgrade of its digital platform, scheduled to take place from 15 to 17 June 2023. This initiative is aligned with SARS’ Vision 2024, aimed at transforming the organization into a smart, modern institution that upholds unquestionable integrity and is trusted and admired by all. The upgrade will play a pivotal role in delivering SARS’ vision by ensuring the highest levels of availability, robustness, and security on its digital platforms and technology infrastructure.
Recognizing the importance of providing clarity and ease of compliance for taxpayers and traders, as well as building public trust and confidence, SARS is committed to modernizing its systems and offering streamlined online services. To achieve this, the organization regularly performs upgrades, enhancements, and maintenance on its digital platforms and technology infrastructure.
The scheduled upgrades will take place during the following time slots:
- Thursday, 15 June, from 22:00 to Friday, 16 June, 03:00
- Friday, 16 June, from 22:00 to Saturday, 17 June, 02:00
- Saturday, 17 June, from 15:00 to 21:00
During these periods, users may experience intermittent service interruptions on the eFiling and Customs Digital Platform. It is therefore essential for stakeholders to take note of these dates and submit any priority Goods Declarations (bills of entry) and Road Manifests by Thursday, 15 June 2023, at 18:00 to minimize potential disruptions.
SARS remains committed to delivering efficient and reliable services to taxpayers and traders, and this upgrade is a significant step towards achieving that goal. By continuously enhancing its digital platforms and technology infrastructure, SARS aims to provide an improved user experience, simplified compliance processes, and increased public trust and confidence.
In recent years, SARS has made substantial progress in its digital transformation journey, with the implementation of various initiatives aimed at simplifying tax-related processes. The upgrade of the digital platform is yet another milestone in this ongoing journey, demonstrating SARS’ commitment to embracing technological advancements and evolving to meet the changing needs of its stakeholders.
As SARS focuses on achieving its Vision 2024, the organization recognizes the critical role played by technology in enabling a seamless and efficient tax ecosystem. The upgrade of the digital platform will lay the foundation for the future, enabling SARS to deliver more innovative services and adapt to the evolving digital landscape.
Taxpayers and traders are encouraged to stay informed about the upgrade and its impact on their interactions with SARS. Regular updates will be provided through official communication channels, including the SARS website, social media platforms, and direct notifications to registered users.
SARS would like to express its gratitude to all stakeholders for their cooperation and understanding during this upgrade process. By working together, SARS and its stakeholders can build a digital tax administration system that is trusted, reliable, and efficient, supporting the growth and development of South Africa’s economy.
For further information and updates on the upgrade of the SARS Digital Platform, visit the official SARS website or contact the SARS call center at 0800 00 7277.