Nictus Limited (JSE: NCS) has announced the declaration of a final gross cash dividend for the year ended 31 March 2023. The dividend, amounting to 5.00 cents per ordinary share, marks an increase from the previous year’s dividend of 3.00 cents. The dividend will be paid out of the company’s income reserves.
The salient dates for the payment of the final dividend are as follows:
|Last day to trade cum dividend||Tuesday, 18 July 2023|
|Shares to commence trading ex-dividend||Wednesday, 19 July 2023|
|Record date||Friday, 21 July 2023|
|Payment date||Monday, 24 July 2023|
Shares may not be rematerialized or dematerialized between Wednesday, 19 July 2023, and Friday, 21 July 2023, both days inclusive.
In terms of South African taxation legislation and in accordance with the JSE Limited Listings Requirements, the following additional information is disclosed:
- The local dividend withholding tax rate is 20%.
- The net local dividend amount is 4.00 cents per ordinary share for Shareholders liable to pay tax on dividends.
- The gross local dividend amount is 5.00 cents per ordinary share for Shareholders exempt from paying such dividend tax.
- Nictus’ income tax reference number is 9400084712.
- Nictus’ issued share capital, as of 30 June 2023, is 53,443,500 ordinary shares.