Invicta Holdings Limited (JSE: IVT) released its audited annual consolidated results for the year ended March 31, 2023. The company demonstrated a strong financial performance, recording significant growth in revenue and shareholder’s equity. However, a decline in profit for the period was observed, largely due to exceptional gains reported in the previous year.
During the fiscal year 2023, Invicta Holdings achieved the following financial highlights:
- Shareholder’s Equity: The company’s shareholder’s equity increased by 13.8% to R5,339,135,000 compared to R4,692,685,000 in the previous year.
- Revenue: Invicta Holdings reported revenue of R7,769,948,000 indicating a notable growth of 8.1% from R7,188,991,000 in the previous year.
- Profit for the Period: The company’s profit for the period amounted to R587,245,000 reflecting a decline of 35.2% in comparison to R906,146,000 achieved in the previous year.
- Profit for the Period from Continuing Operations: Invicta Holdings recorded a profit of R587,245,000 from continuing operations, demonstrating a growth of 12.8% compared to R520,816,000 achieved in the previous year.
- Basic Earnings per Share: The basic earnings per share stood at 481 cents, showing a decrease of 37.0% from 764 cents* reported in the previous year.
- Basic Earnings per Share from Continuing Operations: The basic earnings per share from continuing operations amounted to 481 cents, indicating a growth of 17.9% from 408 cents achieved in the previous year.
- Headline Earnings per Share: Invicta Holdings reported headline earnings per share of 488 cents, reflecting a significant increase of 47.9% compared to 330 cents reported in the previous year.
- Headline Earnings per Share from Continuing Operations: The headline earnings per share from continuing operations reached 488 cents, showcasing a growth of 42.3% from 343 cents reported in the previous year.
- Net Asset Value per Ordinary Share: Invicta Holdings exhibited a robust growth in net asset value per ordinary share, reaching 4,634 cents, which represented a substantial increase of 23.1% from 3,765 cents reported in the previous year.
- Dividend per Share: The company declared a gross cash dividend of 100 cents per ordinary share, reflecting an 11.1% increase from 90 cents reported in the previous year.
It is important to note that the previous year’s figures included a R400 million gain on remeasurement of joint ventures and a R63 million net profit on disposal of businesses and investments.
The audited annual consolidated financial statements of Invicta Holdings Limited have undergone a comprehensive review by Ernst & Young Inc., who provided an unmodified audit opinion. The complete auditor’s report, which includes key audit matters, is available for inspection at the company’s registered office and can also be accessed on their official website.