Glencore PLC revealed its recent acquisition of a significant number of its own ordinary shares in a transaction conducted on the London Stock Exchange. The company purchased 2,940,000 ordinary shares at prices ranging from £4.4550 (equivalent to approximately R105.03) to £4.5145 (equivalent to approximately R106.50) per share on 21 June 2023.
The purpose of these share acquisitions is for Glencore to hold them in treasury. With this latest purchase, the company now holds a total of 1,267,138,492 of its ordinary shares in treasury, while the total number of ordinary shares in issue, excluding treasury shares, stands at 12,432,861,508. These figures correspond to the total number of voting rights associated with the company.
The information regarding the total number of voting rights can be used by shareholders to determine their obligations under the FCA’s Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, including notifying any changes in their interest in Glencore.
This recent acquisition of shares is part of the second phase of Glencore’s ongoing buy-back program, which was initially announced on 15 February 2023. The program is expected to conclude in August 2023.
Additional details on the transaction include the following aggregated information:
- Trading venue: London Stock Exchange
- Volume weighted average price: £4.4852 (equivalent to approximately R105.77)
- Aggregated volume: 1,940,000 shares
- Trading venue: BATS
- Volume weighted average price: £4.4869 (equivalent to approximately R105.81)
- Aggregated volume: 350,000 shares
- Trading venue: Chi-X
- Volume weighted average price: £4.4868 (equivalent to approximately R105.81)
- Aggregated volume: 650,000 shares
- Trading venue: Aquis
- Volume weighted average price: £0.0000 (equivalent to approximately R0.00)
- Aggregated volume: 0 shares
In accordance with Article 5(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 (the Market Abuse Regulation), Glencore has provided a schedule of the individual trades conducted by UBS AG, London Branch, on behalf of the company as part of the buyback program. The purchases were made on 21 June 2023.