JOHANNESBURG| The top ten finalists for Standard Bank’s 2021 Business Awards have been announced. The program was created with the goal of assisting exceptional small growing businesses in the country in their growth and sustainability. The program’s winners will receive funding and tools to help them grow and sustain their businesses in the local economy.
- The top ten finalists for Standard Bank’s 2021 Business Awards have been announced.
- The program’s winners will receive funding and tools to help them grow and sustain their businesses in the local economy.
- These ten finalists represent a wide range of industries and hail from provinces including Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, the Western Cape, and the Northern Cape.
- The winners will be announced on October 4th, 2021, at a virtual ceremony in which they will be awarded.
Standard Bank claims that they provide the skillset that has allowed the company to grow into the behemoth financial institution that it is today. The bank also believes that this initiative will help to grow and recover the local economy, as well as Africa as a whole.
Concerning the business award program, Simmone Cooper, Head of Standard Bank Business Clients South Africa, stated, “As Standard Bank, we aim to leverage our diverse skill set within our organization to support the winning businesses.” In the current, difficult economic environment, businesses, in our opinion, require all the assistance they can get. By ensuring their long-term viability and growth, we hope to contribute to the country’s much-needed economic recovery and job creation.”
The Business award program is overseen by a panel of independent judges and industry experts who select outstanding businesses. The ten finalists were chosen by hand from among the previous 20 finalists, who were chosen by the judges as the best of thousands of applications submitted. These ten finalists represent a wide range of industries and hail from provinces including Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, the Western Cape, and the Northern Cape.
The following are the top ten finalists:
- Reel Gardening, represented by Claire Reid (Agriculture)
- Corium Skincare, represented by Vuyisile Zondi (Personal Care)
- The Awareness Company, represented by Priaash Ramadeen (Information Technology)
- CRISMO Enterprise cc, represented by Gama Cindi (Medical)
- Kusasa Information Systems, represented by Lawrence Baker (Information Technology)
- Sigma International, represented by Akash Singh (Service Industry)
- Wonki Ware Pty Ltd, represented by Diane Marshall (Manufacture and retail)
- SA Polyhammer pty ltd, represented by Dean Fegen (Mining)
- CapitalGuard Pty Ltd, represented by John-Ross Henderson (Security)
- Elamaswazi Projects Pty Ltd, represented by Swazilihle Ndlovu (Agriculture)
On September 30th, 2021, the top finalists will be given the opportunity to present their businesses to the panel. The winners will be announced on October 4th, 2021, at a virtual ceremony in which they will be awarded.
“With the financing and assistance that will be provided, we hope to provide the winning businesses with the resources they require to navigate their next stage of growth.” At Standard Bank, we understand the challenges that small businesses face in their early stages of development; the participating businesses give us hope for what we see on the horizon in South Africa and the impact that businesses have on the country,” Cooper said.
Open a free trading account today
Open a Live Trading Account Today, Get Free Daily Trading Signals. Open your trading account right now and get your financial trading journey started with this great broker. No commissions, get 24 hour withdrawals with this award winning platform.